All Your Fault

Začít od začátku

Apart from the state of Distanceless, people also used the shortcuts to deliver information. Both the Tang and the West-Hill had built such transmission arrays. But due to their limited power, the transmission array built by human beings could only deliver or carry messages or very light objects. Most importantly, just like casting the Thirteen Primordial Arrows, it took an unreasonably large amount of energy and rare resources to build or even activate the transmission. Therefore people seldom used and gradually abandoned them. They were of no strategic importance nowadays.

Sangsang knew what would happen and she had been preparing for it. The bright spots on the bubble were the gates of the transmission array throughout the human world. Some of the channels were abandoned for tens of thousands of years. No one knew them except for her, not even the Abbey Dean.

She stood in the centre of the complicated and charming talisman lines, pale and blood-stained like a wounded fairy. She was no longer ruthless and almighty, but sympathetic instead.

The big black horse and the indigo lion-dog stood cautiously by her side. They tried to conceal their sympathy because they did feel for her.

She was seriously wounded and left alone by her man. It was so sad. Otherwise why was she standing in the centre of the talisman array without saying anything, and seemed so lonely?

Sangsang had no idea what those two were thinking about. She could no longer know it all. She was not pretending to be lonely and desperate, nor was she feeling sorry for herself because of the severe wound. She was already sober when Ning Que left. She did not stop him because she was not against it.

She was merely waiting for the talisman array to be activated.

If some human beings were to activate the array and deliver messages to Chang’an, they would need a great amount of energy and treasurable minerals, and probably had to wait for a fairly long while.

Sangsang did not have those things. And she was running out of time. But what she had was herself. The blood from her divine body was the most valuable and purified energy.

Her blood showered onto the talisman array. It looked horrifying but did not take much. The talisman lines started blinking and would be activated shortly.

In the next moment, she would return to the small house in the imperial palace in Chang’an.

Ning Que was not here yet. She said nothing and or showed any emotions. It seemed she never cared. The big black horse and the indigo lion-dog found her somewhat ruthless.

Instead of wondering, she just assumed, Since I’m heading back to Chang’an as you wish, you have to keep your promise and go back to Chang’an with me, even if you are dead.

Some wind blew across the chamber and carried some dust from the walls to the corner.

Someone showed up outside the talisman array.

Sangsang looked up and found it was not Ning Que. She seemed slightly disappointed then became calm as usual immediately.

The Drunkard stared at her, but he could never stay calm. He was wounded in the previous fight and coughed some blood. Right now when staring at her he got excited and coughed some more blood.

When he met her in the small town and on the island in the South Sea, he kneeled in front of her, bowed to the ground, kept trembling and stayed extremely low. Because she made him fear.

He had been hiding from her in the human world for thousands of years. The fear had been haunting him for thousands of years. It corrupted his body and soul yet he could never escape.