Chapter 1 : The Battle Of Syringe.

SHRAVAN'S POV: 

I shouldn't be here.

I should be at home or with bunty. Preferably with bunty, at a tea stall.

I would've been there, if it wasn't for her.

The school is swarming with people. The blood donation camp seems to be as important for everyone else as it is for me. My reason, though, is different.

It's easy acting cool & impressing girls. But this? this isn't what I expected I'm signing up for.

I'm terrified of needles. I keep chanting her name as if it would scare needles off. it doesn't, but at least it makes me remember why this is necessary.

it's just a needle. It won't hurt much. at least not as much that slap from her did. Another remembrance of why earning her forgiveness means so much.

I stride in as quick as I Can. Watching people smiling & talking will just make this horror fest much worse. The corridors have way fewer people so it's easy to make my way to the classroom.

Classrooms were always fun for me & now they look like those secret chambers in horror movies the toddlers are supposed to be kept away from.

My sole hope now is that once I see sumo I'll feel better. I always do.

The thought stings, knowing how she looks at me now and how much I want that suman back who had a smile on her face every time we met.

I didn't savor that smile of hers enough until I stopped being the one fortunate enough to witness it.

The classroom is silent, much more than usual as I step in. No, it's not the classroom, it's her.

Looking at her makes everything fade away.

She's sitting by the window. her locks tied in a tight ponytail that make her cheekbones look sharper than they are.

It's amazing how there's so much you notice about someone you like. if I didn't knew her better, I would think she's having a heated discussion about demerits of an unhealthy lifestyle in her mind. but that's just my sumo, focused & disciplined.

It was something that used to annoy me to the core but now; it makes me want to do better. To be good enough for her.

She's glancing out the window, taking in all the sunlight, or maybe it's just the glow on her face. I make my way to my desk & take the seat beside her.

She doesn't look up & if not for her tense shoulders I would've thought she is unaware of my presence.

Even when angry, she looks beautiful. I'm not sure for how long we stay like this before everyone starts moving out.

" side hojao " she tells me . "mjhe bahar jaana hai "

"aur mujhe ghar jaana hai " the words leave my mouth before i can stop them.

"i mean blood donate karke ghar jaana hai "

she gives me a half annoyed half confused look & leaves the classroom as i prepare myself for what's coming.

Every second, every step feels like walking against the water current.

Everything around me reeks of pain & suffering. The gigantic injections, that will soon find their way to me. The image itself horrifies me.

Half of me is praying to get out, the other half wants to convince sumo that I'm brave.

This is bad, so much worse than I imagined.