Chapter 8

[Lisa]

"Lisa?" I was pulled out of my deep thoughts when I heard a familiar voice. The voice I have been longing for quite long.

"Jennie..." I uttered before taking a long shot of whiskey that I am holding.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. I leaned on again in the stoned fence of the palace's balcony.

"Nothing, just waiting for the time to pass by" I said trying to remain calm. Her scent is taking over me. I wanted to pull her for a hug but how could I ever do that? After everything I have done to her, how could I claim her back when she's already fine without me. She's with that Mino already. And I can see she's already happy with him.

And that is what matters to me.

To see her happy.

Two years ago, she was mine. And I know I got everything that I wanted. I know my heart loves her...

But I was a coward...

I ran away thinking that it would be the best for us. I know I was hurting her. I cannot remember loving her and even though my heart screams Jennie, I didn't know how to start over. I didn't know how could I ever shower her the love she deserves when every time that she looks at me, all she's feeling is pain.

That night in the Red Door, I wanted to hug her and kiss her. But she looked scared. I thought I scared her, that's when I decided to leave her.

And that was the worst decision I have made...

Now, it pains me seeing her with another man. I actually wanted to punch that scumbag earlier but that would only complicate my relationship with Jennie. I know she loves him and it would hurt her if I hurt him.

I wish it was still me...

But it's too late... I'm too late...

"Okay..." she uttered.

Just, why are you still here?
Do you still love me?
Will you please choose me again over him?

I wanted to ask her all of those questions but I can't. It was me who wanted this, then it should be me to suffer.

"What brought you here? It's late and tomorrow's your birthday" I sadly said but I'm lowkey wishing her to stay with me here longer.

For a moment, I feel like she's still mine.
For a moment, there's still You and I.
For a moment, it feels like it's still me.
For a moment, I am happy.

"How are you? Have you recovered already?" She asked not minding to answer my question.

Uhmmm... should I tell her? No, it's better left unsaid.

"I'm okay..." I briefly answered and she just nodded.

"The whole United Kingdom misses you, you know that? You should've stayed. They love the Princess of Whales eversince" I managed to start another converstation.

"Yea... and I missed being here too. It's been a while and London is still like a home" she said as she slowly leaned on the stoned fence.

"And I missed you too" I murmured silently, lowkey wishing she didn't hear it.

"What did you say?" She asked making me nervous.

"Nothing... I just said that you should've stayed. This is your home. You belong here" I said with a faint smile.

'And you belong with me' I internally told myself.

"By the way, Lisa..." she uttered making me look at her.

"I-I just came here to give you something..." she continued. I creased my forhead as I try to recognize the thing she was holding. It's already dark and only the moonlight is giving us a ray of shine here. She handed me an envelope with, I think, papers inside. Is this some kind of a document?

"What's this?" I asked her in confusion.

"I'm already giving you what you have been asking me for the past 2 years. I'm so sorry that it had to come that long before I gave you your wish. It's my birthday but I'm one giving you a gift" she chuckled sadly. "Those are the divorce papers you keep on sending me. I'm sorry that I had to tear up the others before but that last one you've sent me, I signed it already. You're free now" she said with a weak smile.

And my world fell apart...

"Y-you still have it..." I uttered. My eyes started to well up. So it is official, she's really no longer my Nini.

"Of course. It was hard for me back then, but I realized you deserve to be happy too. So I'm giving you what you want" she weakly smiled again and was about to leave when I involuntarily found myself grabbing her arm.

"W-wait... J-Jennie..." she didn't answer but she stopped.

"Can I ask you one last favor?" I asked. "Can I kiss you one last time?" I said before I broke into tears. "And for the last time, make me feel like you're still mine?"

She didn't respond but I turned her body to face me, I cupped her face and slowly leaned on for a kiss. She stiffened at first but she slowly managed to respond to my kisses. The kiss was slow and passionate. It felt so magical. It felt so real. My tears continuously ran down my face as we deepen the kisss.

"Happy birthday..." I uttered as I pulled out for a second and claimed her lips again. I wish we could stay this way forever.

"Babe?" Someone said. It's Mino.

"M-Mino?" She stopped and started to ran away from me. Mino followed her.

"I love you..." I whispered as I watch her walk away from me.

" I whispered as I watch her walk away from me

-----

Regrets, Lisa. Regrets.

May nandedemonyo saken na si Jennie daw yung tunay na anak ng King and Queen. Wag nyo ko hinahamon. Gagawin kong magkapatid yang dalawa. Sige kayo lalo kayo mabbroken hearted 😂