[3]

[1989]

The losers were all hanging out at the clubhouse, talking, listening to music, reading comments, and eating.

Bill watches Stan while he reads his book about birds. He notices how relaxed Stan looks when he's reading about something he's passionate about. Bill also notices how he's blocking every bad thing out and staying in a world of his own.

Stan glances up, feeling eyes on him. He looks around before locking eyes with Bill. Stan smiles a little and waves him over.

Bill stands up and walks over to Stand little corner. He looks over Stans shoulder at the page.

Stan starts to ramble about all the different kinds of birds he's seen and wants to seen. Bill smiles, loving when Stan talks about his passions.

Bill sets his chin on Stans shoulder, not even caring about the remarks coming from Richie. Stan points at a few different birds in the book.

[2016]

Bill stares down at the book, his eyes filled with tears. The book was about different types of birds and how they live and strive. Bill remembers how Stan used to talk about all of the different types of birds.

"Dear? You've been looking at that book for hours. What's wrong?" Bill's wife sits next to him and looks at the book.

"Stan.." He mumbles, hoping she doesn't remember the great detail he described when talking about his childhood best friend.

"Are you upset you never got to see him again..? Dear,,, I know it's hair but you'll get through it. WE'LL get through it. I promise." She leans her head on Bill's shoulder, still staring down at the book.

After a few silent minutes Bill closes the book and takes a deep breath. "H-he wasn't just my best friend.. No.. he was more." Bill sighs.

She sits up straight. "More..? As in... family..? Or..." She doesn't even have to say the last word, knowing what Bill is about to say.

"Lover.."