" Duel Harper ". He said extending his hand.

My dad gave a questionable look. "Never heard of that name around here?"

" I'm originally from New York. My grandparents own a home here and I'm spending some time here".

"I see". My dad said and I knew that he was silently assessing Duel.

" May I ask you a question Sir? "

"Yes, go ahead".

" I'd like to take Chelly out tonight? "

I already knew what my dad's answer would be but I couldn't help but admire Duel's braveness. Most guy's, Blaine included never was so straight to the point with my father. Duel didn't seem to even flinch. "I'm sorry son but Chelly has other obligations today. Perhaps if I see you in church tomorrow and forthcoming I'll consider it. I don't know you well enough to entrust you with my daughter. Now if you will excuse us, we have thing's to see to".

With that my dad showed Duel the door. Once Duel was gone my dad turned to me. "How do you know this fellow?"

" I met him at the library ". I lied.

Dad gave me a skeptical look. "I don't take him for the library type. Looks like trouble to me. Make it clear to him that there will never be a date between the two of you and then steer clear of him. Now go fix yourself up and drop by on Blaine. He could use some cheering up".

" No dad". I whined. "We broke up and I don't want to see him".

Dad grinned and patted my back. "It will pass. Blaine is good for you. Now run off to see him".

I huffed upstairs angry at my father. Why can't he get that I don't want to be with Blaine? Why does he have to be controlling? Switching clothes I decided to go on out. I'll just make my visit with Blaine brief just in case my dad follows up on me.

The weekend rushed by and I hadn't heard a peep from Duel nor had I contacted him. I was too embarrassed to after the way my dad handled his surprise visit. How could I ever explain my dad's behavior or tell Duel what he wanted me to. Maybe I won't hear from Duel after this. He probably think it's too much trouble and I don't blame him. I'd run to if I could.

Wednesday rolled around and I was a bit excited. Today my art class was taking a senior trip to a major art museum at the state capitol. The bus ride would take about an hour but it was worth it. I always enjoyed a ride into the big city. However I wasn't expecting a surprise. As I was riding along on the bus I noticed a car in the next lane and instantly knew who it was. I grinned as Duel kept even with my window waving and making goofy faces.

Once at the museum we all filed off of the bus and soon as I entered there stood Duel waiting. "What are you doing here?" I asked a bit awed.

" Hey, not a bad choice for our first date". He smiled.

"How did you know I was coming here?"

" I have my ways". Duel shrugged.

"But this isn't a date. You heard what my dad said". I reminded him.

" Yea I did but I don't care. Do you always do what your dad wants you to do? "

"For the most part". I answered then continued as Duel held my attention.

" we can't be seen together here. My classmates as well as my teacher knows my dad. They'll question him about you".

"Oh my little melon live a little. I sense there's a wild side lurking behind those eye's. After all you had on a Guns N Roses shirt on the other day. Welcome to the jungle baby. You're going to die". He quoted from their popular song.

I had to laugh but quickly sobered up as I realized I was no longer with my class. Duel had intentionally lured me away while we were engrossed in talking. "Oh no, I've got to find my class. I'll be in so much trouble" .

"Relax Chelly. You're with me now. We will walk around a bit then head out for lunch. I'll return you back to school on time. Live melon. Live." He encouraged with that oh so bad grin of his.

Without thinking of all that could go wrong I rashly agreed. Duel and I had a blast and he was so fun and daring. I felt like every minute with him was a new adventure. There was so much laughter and I felt so free. Duel was right, I felt wild and wanted to do thing's that I'd normally frown upon. We chased each other along the sidewalks bumping into other pedestrians. We made obnoxious jokes about some of the art we saw and laughed so loud that security reprimanded us. But what really took my breath away was watching Duel walk into a unique candy shop and slyly stuff item's into his pockets. Yes, that scared me but he was so good at being a bad boy that I was captured, blinded by all of his wrong doing.

On the way home I kept stealing side glances at him and found myself wanting to kiss him but I wasn't bold enough to make the first move. As we pulled into the school I noticed that we had beat the bus back. I didn't think anything else about it until my phone rang. "Shhh. It's my dad. I've got to take this".

" Where are you? "  My dad asked frantically.

"I just got back to school".

" What is going on then? Your teacher just called me. The bus is still at the museum as cops are tearing up the town looking for you".

Oh God no I prayed. This was bad. "I'm okay. I just hitched a ride back with a friend" .

"Get yourself home now. You've got a lot of explaining to do. I've got to inform your teacher that you are safe". My dad roared and hung up on me.

All the good feelings that I had exited my body as dread flooded in. This was bad and I knew I was in deep trouble. "I've got to go". I told Duel and rushed out of his car.

" Wait Chelly". He called but I just kept running toward my old van.