"Dawn? Are you still there?"

"Yeah."

"Sorry. Nainis ka ba sa akin?"

"No.. no.. I'm fine. Anyway, ikaw bakit ang aga mo magising?"

"Well, I always wake up between 5 to 5:30. Alam mo naman dito sa probinsya, kapag ala-sais na, tanghali na yun."

Dawn giggles. She knows the feeling when she was still living in Davao.

"And, I need to check on the things I need to do today. We're very busy sending out relief goods here."

"Ang sipag naman. Nagtatrabaho kahit birthday!"

"Alam mo na.. maraming umaasa sa akin."

"Ginagalingan mo naman masyado."

Richard chuckles, "binobola mo ba ako kasi birthday ko?"

"Medyo." Dawn giggles, "anyway, what's your plan today? Aside from work?"

"Hmmm.. wala naman. As if naman we can go out. I'm just thankful that Lucy and Juliana are here. At least I get to celebrate tonight with them. Juliana said she'll cook and bake for me since wala rin naman delivery ngayon dito."

Dawn nods as he listens to him. She's amused how things have changed for the both of them. It's a good change.

"That's good to hear."

Dawn looks out the window and sees the first ray of light coming through the sky. She closed her eyes absorbing it.

"Dawn?"

"Still here."

"Tahimik mo ata?"

"No. I'm just mesmerized. I'm by the window and I'm watching the sunrise."

She heard Richard smile.

"It's so beautiful. It's been a while since I watched this."

"It really is. It's our favorite, remember?"

Dawn nods as if he can see her.

"Pero alam mo kung anong mas maganda sa sunrise?"

"Ano?"

"Ikaw."

Dawn couldn't help it but she felt her cheeks go warm. This guy would always have his ways with his words.

"Hay nako, Mr. Gomez. Ang aga-aga pero nambobola na!"

Richard laughs.

"Panira ka ng moment eh."

"Sorry! But totoo naman kasi yon."

Dawn sighs, "Ikaw talaga.. kahit kailan may pangbola! Pero sige, thank you sa compliment!"

"You're welcome!"

"Anyway, I don't want to keep you since alam ko busy ka."

"No. Not at all. Thank you for calling me."

"Kulit mo kasi. But Goms?"

"Yeah?"

"I mean it. May you have a Happy Birthday!"

"It already is a happy one by calling me. Thank you. Thank you for remembering."

"Ako pa ba?"

Richard chuckles, "oo nga naman. You have a sharp memory."

"Sige na. You enjoy your day and please take care of yourself."

"Ikaw din. Mas mag-iingat ka. Kailangan may bumati pa ulit sa akin next year."

Dawn giggles, "Eh di Advance Happy Birthday for next year!"

They both laugh at her joke.

"Seriously, Dawn. Thank you. It really means a lot."

Dawn smiles, "you are welcome."

"Anyway, as much as I want to talk the whole day. Gotta put the working hat on."

"I understand."

"Talk to you again, soon?"

"Sure! Anytime."

"Goodbye, Dawn."

"Bye, Goms."

They both ended the call. Dawn smiling and staring at his phone. She picked up her mug and try to finish her now cold coffee as the sun rays beam over her face. For sure, they will both have a beautiful day ahead of them.

---

Happy Birthday, Richard Gomez!
We miss you!

04.07.2020