just what i wanted

"Wait, wait, wait. So you're telling me that stinky Ratmond wanted to have a baby with me?" I asked astonished with my eyes wide.

The boys around the table with me started to howl in laughter.

We were sitting in the ice cream parlor/ diner we had walked past earlier.

The interior of the small strip shop wasn't small at all, but rather very lively and busy.

We had packed away all the stuff we came to the beach with back into Bennett's car and was able to stroll down the boardwalk freely.

The ball of butter in the sky melted and puddled into the sea.

The sunset was so beautiful.

And what was even more beautiful was the wonderful souls around me.

I watched as serenity and calmness over washed the smooth, electric, and deep orbs of the musketeers.

Each of them looked handsomely messy in the warm orange sunlight around us.

Bennett's hair for once was untamed and flopped over his deep blue eyes. His studded ears peeked from beneath his hair and were slightly red from possible sunburn. He put a t-shirt on as soon as we left the sand and water.

Declan on the other hand was bare chested still and carrying a wife beater in his hands until he needed it. Hey, I'm not pressed about it! He was slightly smiling while facing the red, orange, and blue sky. His head swayed slightly as he thought of a tune and his smooth brown eyes puddled with the sun.

Jordan, though, had a twisted face of confusion. His green orbs were electric and timid, unsure what to do.

As we all praised the limitless colors of the sunset, Jordan was racking his brain trying to catch up and to hold on to any idea of color.

I nudged him, giving him a look that told him I could explain if he just expressed his thoughts to me.

"I don't see anything special about it," he stooped down slightly and whispered to me.

"I know buddy. Do you want me to paint you the scene with words?"

He nodded slightly, no jokes or funny games.

"Well.." I thought about the best way to approach the topic, "let's start with the water. Think about when we were swimming earlier, the water was cool and the waves were tireless."

Jordan continued to gaze harshly towards the shore, but he nodded at my words.

"The ocean is like an over energetic child. Think about yourself when you were little. Just hella hyper for no reason," I laughed.

Jordan smiled at the thought and nodded for me to continue.

"But, the evening time comes around and it's time for you to go to bed. You protest and fight your drowsy eyes, but your mom tucks you in nevertheless."

"She is the sun. She's calm and impressing. The center of your world. You're sitting in bed and she sings songs to you and tell stories to you til you're knocked out cold. She is the only person that can tame your endless depths and chaoticness."

"In the sky there are remnants of color before it's completely dark. Those are the dreams and hopes the sun instill in you. Passionate red, wistful purple, and memorable orange. And I know you can't see them.." I explained trying to not sadden the mood.

"..but you're all of those and rainbow more," I watched Jordan with every word I said.

He glanced out past the waves where the ocean kissed the sun, stewing on what I had just said.