young with a gift*(1)

I know when people will die , I know when they'll get sick , I know who is jealous of who and I know who hates who . Most of all I'm one with nature.

Nature is my mother and from her breast I have fed , from her sand I was molded .

I know I'm different . My name is Ukhanyo Gift Khaya and like my name gift implies I have a gift .

I'm a seer . I can see the past , present and future and to me that is my biggest problem . I can't accept this gift from our ancestors so I've tried very hard to deny it.

When I was young , I used to enjoy having it but things changed as I grew up . Things changed for the worst .

I learnt I had a destined lover which was okay the problem was getting that person to accept me .Which is also the reason I hated my gift.

My story begins from when I was seven . Like any child I loved playing around with other children which was pretty fun .

When your young , your so innocent nothing can move you .I had just eaten breakfast with my family when Joy , who is my twin brother suggested we go to the village square to play.

"Gigi , I want to go and find Dodo , I'll turn him into a dog today " he spoke with excitement making me giggle happily.

" Then let's go , I want to see Lolo " Joy , scoffed at that . " That Lolo , of yours is not nice I don't like him Gigi" he pouted.

" I like him very much JoJo , now come on" we ran to the square and most of the kids were already there . "Hey guys! " Joy , greeted everyone happily .

They greeted him back with happy smiles . I just smiled at them and looked around for my queen Lolo. I finally found him teaching the other children maths .

Somehow he got some sums wrong but refused to admit it . I went to him and smiled . " The answer to that is three" he turned and glared at me.

" Are you saying I'm wrong ?" He asked with a glare . " Yes , you are wrong" I was never one to lie to anyone. That made him upset and he left with a huff .

I tried to call after him but he did not listen. The other children glared at me as well . " You always ruin everything " they said and also left .

I stood there motionless without a word . I felt they did not understand at all . I kind of found Olwethu , annoying too . Why did he think he was always right anyway.

Mainly I thought he was stupid.
I sighed as I looked up at the tall tree I was standing infront. " What did I do wrong now ?" I asked myself .

" You have done no wrong child " I looked up at the tall three that was talking to me . " Then why are they angry at me old one " .

" They are children they will grow up to understand you child don't worry" I nodded my head til I heard scornful laughter.

I looked behind me and the big kids were back again. " The odd one is at it again " , " oh my god , he is really talking to a tree " I looked at them before answering.

" You don't know anything " they laughed again then pushed me on the ground . " Well why is your tree not protecting you ? "

I was angered by their disrespect of the old tree. I got up from the ground and a fight began . No matter how strong I was I was but a child so I could not beat them off .

" Leave my brother alone!!" Joy , yelled as he pushed one off me and we stood side by side preparing for a hard fight . Thando , joined us since he could never let Joy fight alone .

Punches were thrown til mama , came and stopped us . " Gift , Joy , Thando , stop fighting this instance!" Mother all but bellowed .

I looked at him with stern ,yet teary eyes . " Mama , they started it , they talked about the old tree badly" I sniffled while now sobbing. Joy , joined me in the crying and we won mama's sympathy.

" Children go back home , I'll meet your parents later " the boys ran off and I looked at our mother . I had his pale skin but everything else was inherited from our father the king .

Yes I'm the son of the king of the zulu kingdom. The blood of the zulu warriors runs through me. It was probably why I had a bit of a temper I never wanted anyone to know about .

" Gift, you know better than to start a fight with those ignorant children , I understand though so I'll go and speak to their parents".

I nodded and walked away , I needed time to myself. I was not feeling calm at all and I avoided greeting anyone just incase I looked into their future.

Being a child at that time , I felt scared everytime I saw a scene of someone dying . I walked towards the river since it was the only place that could slightly calm me .

As I neared the river I heard a soothing tune that made me stop and listen. I looked at the trees around me , " who is playing that tune ?" I was pretty curious.

" Child , it is your destined one" they spoke in unison. I nodded and walked further so I can see him. The big Oak tree I hid behind showed me the perfect view of my future bride .

He was so beautiful standing inside that river while playing his flute. The usually silent river danced around him , making the scene more enchanting.

I heard nature playing drums to his tune and some birds sang . I sat there in wonder . My heart was taken by the beauty infront of me , a beauty I swore I would make mine even if it killed me.

He finally finished playing then spoke ." Mother nature I've finally finished will you grant my wish and heal my mother ?"

The question startled me . The waves played around him and the river spoke . "I will grant your wish young one " it then spoke to me . " Tell him child he cannot hear me , tell him I also gave him a gift to heal all living creatures".

I nodded then began to clap . " Lolo , my queen you played so well " that startled him and he fell into the now calm river.

He stood up from the river and was angry once again. " Why do you always follow me ?" He asked . " Who else can I follow if not you , by the way the river has accepted your request , your mother will be well again ".

He looked at me then sighed . " I'll leave then " . I thought of a reason to make him stay with me since when I was near him , I could forget I was different from the rest .

" Then I will not tell you the second message" he stopped moving at that then looked at me. " Tell me right now" he demanded.

" No , I will tell you at the end of the day if you stay and play with me " . He looked conflicted at first then finally nodded .

My grin could not have been wider at that moment.

_______________________________________ hey everyone I'm back this is my fist update of this second book , I hope you enjoy it 😘 thanks for giving it a chance.