Luffy still held her by the waist and brought her closer to his body, as if he had always been there, as if there was where he belonged. In less than forty-eight hours, Nami was very close to him once again and the heat that emanated made her feel safe, but she kept a minimum distance, trying not to touch him. She could smell his so characteristic smell. Some woody scent that he only uses on special occasions.

She fought the urge to rest her face on his neck and never let go.

Luffy still had an angry face and closed his fist again when he saw the man rise. So Nami decided to stop him before he did anything else he'd regret.

"Okay, okay, that's enough! Dude, being really honest, you deserved it. This is not how a lady should be treated", Nami glared at the guy on the floor and walked over to punch him in the face one last time, "and Luffy. You come. With me."

Nami gritted her teeth menacingly and Luffy seemed to awaken from the trance of anger he was in. He finally looked at her, opened his mouth and eventually, his expression changed from anger to fear.

"Nami~, I-"

"Come. With me. Now."

The captain nodded and pressed his lips together in a thin line. The redhead pulled him by the hand and took him to a separate corner behind the stage and closer to an illuminated square. She sighed again and glared at him. Luffy remained quiet, waiting for her to take the first step.

"Luffy. I was going to dance with that guy. Why the hell did you startle him?"

"Did you want to dance with a guy who hurt your hand? Are you crazy, Nami?", he gestured completely exasperated.

"I really didn't expect him to act that way, but you had no right to interfere, Luffy. You don't get to control me!"

"I know but-!"

"No "but", Luffy. What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? Hey, I went there to defend you, you moron and you're going to be mad at me?!"

"Damn, Luffy, but what if he was a really nice guy? You would have scared him!!"

Nami turned away abruptly and started walking again. She didn't get very far when she heard his soft voice.

"I wanted to dance with you. Don't you want to dance with me, Nami?"

She continued with her back turned to him. Luffy spoke again in a quiet voice, but Nami would have listened to his voice wherever they were - even then, in the illuminated street full of talking people coming and going.

"Is that guy nicer than me?"

What? What an idiot. How can he think that?

Finally, Luffy spoke in a curiously sad tone. She heard the rustle of his yukata and the sound of his wooden sandals on the pavement. The captain should have turned to go, just like her.

"Okay then, Nami. You can go."

The navigator was extremely tired. From the moment her lips found his the day before, Nami simply wasn't able to have any peace of mind. So she decided that enough is enough - the redhead wouldn't be able to spend another minute without fixing this issue with Luffy once and for all. In the blink of an eye, she turned to face him with everything she needed to speak on the tip of her tongue but was surprised to see that he was already staring at her and striding over with a very determined expression.

"I wasn't going to say anything, Nami, but I can't. I just can't!", he crossed his arms and made his characteristic pout.

"What-"