FIVE

Jack stayed quiet as he processed what I had just said, I couldn't tell if he was angry or sad judging by his facial expressions. I sat there still holding onto his hand he let go of them and stood up from the bed, without saying a word he walked around the room. I waited for anything to come from his mouth, even a soft cry or a stressful huff. 

"Jack..." I said in a smooth tone hoping he would respond, he glanced over his shoulder turning to face me "what?" he said rather harshly I was taken aback from how his tone was towards me, I didn't do anything to deserve that.

"I'm sorry if you aren't happy with the news but I have no choice." I explain to him he only nods "I should probably go now."

"Jack, wait." I whimpered as he grabbed his back and headed towards my bedroom door, I stopped him but he just brushed me off like I didn't mean anything to him, the worst feeling hit me hard as I watched him leave my house. 

I stood in the middle of the living room staring at the gifts Jack just got for me and thought how sad it is to have your boyfriend leave you alone on Valentine's Day. I was devastated on what just happened I still have school until the end of this semester and I decided to take psychology once again with Jack because I was blinded by love.

I went back upstairs and threw all the things Jack gave to me in a basket then put it in my closet, I came across his favourite hoodie on my dresser as it looked like it was just washed today since it had a dryer sheet still stuck inside of the hoodie's front pocket. I grabbed the sheet out and threw it away, smelling it like an obsessed weirdo the fabric of his hoodie somehow managed to keep Jack's cologne scent trapped inside of the fibres of the threads. 

Putting his hoodie on like it was my own I laid down on the bed grabbing my phone I see a text from a few minutes ago it was Jack's. I read it 'im sorry for the way I reacted but to get over this quickly and no one gets hurt I think its best we end things.'

my heart physically began to hurt, I read the text over and over again before responding with only a thumbs-up emoji. I started to cry as I turned my phone off and threw it across my bed. laying on my pillow I stared at the wall and did nothing for the next what it felt like was hour, but only 20 minutes passed. 

I climbed under my covers and cried for the rest of the night, my mom didn't bother to check in on me and no one else texted either, except for Jack but I wasn't rushing to reply to him any time soon. I soon fell asleep around 10 PM as the night went by rather quickly. I thought about how much Jack made me sad and angry as he should've broken up with me in person rather than over text as a loser would. I felt as if he never really was into the whole relationship if he was so quick to dump me over an inconvenience like this. Couples usually try to work things out.

But I guess he's different.