C H A P T E R E L E V E N

Start from the beginning

"Stop lying," Tears started falling out of Yashiro's eyes as she continued to scream, "I'm sick and tired of all these dreams masked as nightmares. I'm sick and tired of having the same dream over and over again, I don't want to keep repeating the day Amane died over and over agai—"

Before Yashiro could even continue what she was saying, she felt a hand grab onto her arm and yank her to face her back. When she turned, her eyes couldn't believe who was in front of her.

"Nene," Amane almost screamed at her, before letting out a deep breath and taking a more soothing tone, "It's me, it's really me and only me."

Nene looked down, shaking her head, "No, this is just a dream. You can't possibly—"

"But I am here!" He placed both his hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look right at him, "Please, believe me."

His voice had a pleading tone to it. Yashiro looked up at the boy to see tears forming at the brim of Amane's eyes. His eyes didn't lie either, they were scared and desperate.

Yashiro began to break down. She started wailing, tears began overflowing out from her eyes and moving down her cheeks. Amane looked at her with a soft smile, engulfing the girl in a hug. Yashiro started to squeeze too hard, too much to the point that he couldn't breathe. He vigorously patted Yashiro in her back, croaking out little to no sound. Yashiro got the message and immediately released the boy from the hug, gasping.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hug you so hard," She apologized, "Are you alright? I hope I didn't hurt you..."

Amane was barely able to catch his breath when he muttered his reply, "It's really okay... I'm dead... anyways..."

Yashiro frowned. She didn't want to be reminded of the reality that was bestowed upon Amane. It hurt her too much to know that he was dead, but it hurt, even more, seeing as how he says it like it happens almost every day.

"Don't say that, idiot!" Yashiro exclaimed, tears once again starting to form at the brims of her eyes. Amane stared at her, surprised, before laughing out loud wholeheartedly. Yashiro became confused.

"Wha-- Why are you suddenly laughing lightly? Death isn't a light topic!"

Amane kept giggling at her, much to Yashiro's dismay. So, the daikon punished the boy with one of her infamous headbutts. The two hissed in pain, both rubbing the reddening spot on their head.

"Damn, I forgot how hard your head is," He joked, earning a glare from the daikon.

"You want another one?" Amane refused almost immediately.

"No thanks, I don't want to lose any of my memories."

Yashiro hmphed, folding her arms together and looking away from Amane with a pout on her face. The breeze began to stir up again, and Amane knew time was almost up.

"Nene," He called out to her, "Is there anything you'd like to tell me?"

Nene looked at him a bit surprised. Now that she realized it, she didn't exactly know what to say to Amane. She always wished to see him, hug him, and tell him everything again. But now that he was right in front of her, she couldn't find the right words to say.

Hanako.

That's right, he had to know about her bond with Hanako.

"There's this boy that I met. His name is Hanako, and he's a school mystery at Kamome Academy," She told the boy with a smile. Yashiro hadn't even realized that she began fiddling with her fingers with a small blush on her face.

"He's really kind. When I always need help, he always helps me. When I run into trouble, he saves me," Yashiro giggled just at the thought of the boy, "You know, he kinda reminds me of you."