"i am fine mr. lew. and they all are fine as well." ken replied awkwardly.

"brad, this is my son sean and his best friend kenneth san jose." cheuk introduced. brad stood from his seat.

"hello sean, ken. i am brad rice." brad introduced himself.

"hello mr. rice." sean said politely, with a quick bob of his head.

"why did it take you so long, to come here?" miya asked sternly.

"mom we were at josh's place. he was insisting us to stay a little longer." sean said in a calmer voice, to hide his annoyance.

"okay," miya said with a look which said 'we will talk about this later'

laura joined the table, that moment. "what took you so long?" brad asked.

"nothing, we were just running short on cookies here, so I just went to refill it." laura said

***

"i just don't believe; sean lew is here." bailey said dreamily, looking towards sean lew, who was sitting with his parents now.

"believe it bailey. and i didn't know you were his fan." kaycee said a bit irritatingly.

"oh no, i am not. but you have to agree, he's quite hot." bailey said "but i am liking, that boy he is with, more and more." she added unexpectedly.

kaycee almost fell from her seat, at her friends declaration. they both were sitting in the corner, away from the others.

"bailey, are you alright? if i am not wrong you were interested in the guide, whom you met at london." kaycee said, feeling confused at her best friend's, way of thinking.

"oh no, i wasn't. also he was not my type. and he was 20." bailey said frivolously.

kaycee stared at her friend for a moment, before bursting out with laugh.

"what?" bailey asked, looking completely surprised at her friend's outburst.

kaycee tried to control her laughter. "nothing too serious, it's just that if i didn't know you any better, I would have thought that you were exactly like chesca." kaycee said in a laughing voice.

"he was not my type." kaycee said flippantly, mimicking bailey's tone and started laughing again.

bailey hit her playfully, on the arm.

"you should not mock me kaycee rice. its know as the bad manners. hey look there, chesca is telling to sean. she doesn't waste any time. does she?" bailey said gesturing towards, where sean was sitting.

"of course she doesn't." kaycee said rolling her eyes. next, she saw sean, taking chesca's hand and guiding her to, where others were dancing.

"what do you think, who would have
asked whom, to dance?" bailey asked kaycee.

"who? whom? what exactly, are you talking about?" kaycee asked feeling a bit fuzzled.

"i am asking you that do you think sean asked her to dance or she asked sean to dance. she definitely seems, desperate enough to ask him. i am sure she has put all her efforts into her dress and her make-up, just to impress sean lew." bailey said bitterly.

kaycee was surprised at her tenor. "i have never heard you, talking like this, about anyone before." she said with wonder.

bailey was a soft spoken girl and never held any kind of grudges against others, even if they hurt her. usually she was good with everyone, but then perhaps, that was the beauty of being a human; being unpredictable.