Scentless Bananas

Camden moved in a slow manner, going to load up the last few tanks of gas into the back of the pickup truck he had 'borrowed'. He climbed into the car, pulling on his sunglasses despite the sun having already set in the distance. He didn't happen to be in a rush, he had plenty of time, the sun just set, so he had the whole night.

As he finished loading the truck, he heard a sound, almost as if there was a constant, unrhythmic beat of steps sounding from behind him. While he could feel his heart begin to race, he decided to ignore it, figuring it was nothing but a stray cat or such wandering through the gas station's abandoned lot.

He tensed up slightly, quickly climbing into the driver's seat of the car and turning it on. While there were not many fortunate things that went along with living in a rural area, one had to be the early driving license, being allowed to drive before most urban counterparts were. He glanced behind him, relaxing some when he noticed one of the local drug dealers.

He turned the car on, quickly pulling out of the spot he had taken, and onto the road. The brunette let his eyes scan the road, watching for anything or anyone that might decide to jump out in front of him. You could never be too careful on rural roads, those beware of dear signs aren't there for no reason.

He soon began to see the old motel come closer within his vision. He slowly pulled in, headlights turned off in order to not alert anyone of his arrival. His twenty-year-old car making almost no noise due to its newly replaced muffler.

He climbed out, readjusting the ever-present hospital mask that rested over his mouth and nose, leaving the ever so present smell of hospital to filter through his nose. He soon began to unload the tanks of gas, being careful to place them down carefully on the gravel road.

Camden had spent his time earlier in the week sealing up the windows and such and knew that the motel was not wealthy enough to fix the windows being stuck on such short notice, the place not even being affluent enough to purchase any security cameras.

He slowly walked over to the window of the room he knew the person would be, making sure the lights remain out, a heavy layer of science laying across the area. As soon as he registered that everything was going well, the teenager slipped a tube through the slight hole he had left in the seel.

Afterward, he stalked back over to his nearby parked car, bringing over one of the tanks, and connecting it. Ina ever so slow and careful manner, the teen began to loosen the latch letting the potassium chloride gas filter into the room.

The boy waited for a second, contemplating in his head before he finally came to a conclusion. He took some green acrylic from the back of his car, putting some on the tips of his fingers before writing on the window, "Please, take a deep breath with ne"

With a small smile filtering on his face, hidden almost completely by the hospital mask, the only way to tell is the small wrinkles at the corners of his eyes, he turned and left. Though he did bother to pick up the gas tank, it wouldn't do to give the police any hints on what happened.

The teen took off his gloves, quickly burning them and then stomping out the fire. He hopped into his car, only turning on the lights when he was nearly ten minutes away.

Camden found out the next morning that his rouse was successful, the entirety of the local news outlets trying to discuss just what could have happened, some suspecting it was a murder due to the paint, others not entirely certain what it could mean, or if it had any meaning at all.

All they knew was someone was dead, and there was no obvious reason behind it, and that was just the way that Camden liked it, everyone but him being questioning and in the dark.