two

It had been a week since Riley met Jamie and they had established a routine, Jamie walked her to school, then they spent the morning together until first period starts

It had been a week since Riley met Jamie and they had established a routine, Jamie walked her to school, then they spent the morning together until first period starts. They would sit at the same time with his friends, who began to become her friends, and ate lunch together. After school Jamie would go to practice and most days, Riley would sit on the bleachers, doing her homework and occasionally looking up to see Jamie staring at her as his coach spoke.

"So, I was wondering if maybe after practice, you'd want to come over and we can study for that math test?" Jamie suggests, hoping Riley would say yes.

"You mean I can teach you what will be on the math test?" Riley corrects teasingly as she smiles at him. Jamie rolls his eyes playfully as they walk to the field, her hand in his.

"Haha, you're so funny" Jamie responds sarcastically, making Riley giggle "sure, I would love to study with you" Riley tells him honestly.

The two of them fall into a comfortable silence as they reach the football field.

"There's the happy couple!" Nathan calls as he jogs over to the two, making both Jamie and Riley blush but neither of them look at each other to notice.

The guys had been teasing them since a few days ago, joking about them being in love. While it was true, both Riley and Jamie were to shy to admit it and they were to oblivious to realize how the other feels.

"Shut up, Nathan" Riley tells him, trying to play if off as being annoyed before she looked at Jamie "I'm gonna go sit down".

Jamie gives her a nod before hesitantly letting go of her hand. Nathan sighs as Jamie watches Riley walk to the bleachers before putting his hand on Jamie's shoulder.

"Come on, lover boy" Nathan teases before dragging him away to the field.

----------------------

Jamie and Riley walk into the Reagan family home, slipping there shoes off before walking inside further.

"I'm home!" Jamie calls, letting his family know he's arrived.

"In the kitchen!" A woman's voice called before Jamie took Riley's hand and pulled her towards the kitchen. Riley followed Jamie, looking around the home as they walked through the living room and then the dining room, taking note of the family pictures.

A woman with brown hair stood in the kitchen, her back to the two teenagers as she cooked.

Jamie clears his throat to catch his mother attention, "Mom, this is Riley" Jamie said, a smile on his face.

"Oh you're Riley! I've heard so much about you, it's nice to finally meet you" Mary said with a smile as she rushed around the counter, shaking Riley's hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Reagan." Riley said politely, returning the smile.

"I was just making dinner, it should be ready in about an hour" Mary told them before going back to the chopping up vegetables.