Chapter IV // Give It Your All

It was late after the show.

The drama club members all gathered in the hospital room; Louis' hospital room. They waited patiently for him to wake up. It was especially quiet, too quiet. The silence was almost deafening.

Until Louis woke up. 

"Louis!"

"Are you okay?"

"Thank goodness!"

The animals spoke in relief. They had been worried about him.

Louis sat up in his hospital bed.

"What did.." He spoke slowly, "Wait! I remember.. What about the audience?"

The animals all look at each other. The club didn't know what to tell him.

"Don't worry," Sanou, the club director, assures. "you collapsed after the curtain was fully shut. They didn't see anything at all." 

"Okay.." Louis sighs.

"Anyway," Bill chimes in, "it's eight-o'-clock at night. The medical team checked you out, and according to them, you broke your left leg."

Louis was shocked.

"Looks like you won't be able to take the stage for tomorrow's performance." Bill continues.

"Bill, please." The director scolds. 

"What?" He asks, annoyed. "What good is it to hide the truth? Especially for Louis."

"W-well, yes," the director stutters, "but even so."

...

"The president's right." The animals start to scold Bill.

"Have some compassion!" 

"Yeah, he made it through the first day with a broken leg. It's incredible."

"Louis, your performance was impeccable today. We were discussing what we should do about the show tomorrow." 

"The audience is....."

Louis stops listening.

'What is this? What is this pity?! Everyone..'  Louis grips the hospital sheets tightly.

"So," He begins. "One broken leg, and now I'm helpless?"

The others look away before Sanou cuts in.

"Oh, uhm," the director starts, attempting to reassure Louis. "No, please. We're just--"

"Bill," Louis cuts him off, dismissing his words. "you'll be my replacement."

"Huh?" 

"For tomorrow's show," Louis continues, "you'll be playing Adler."

 The tiger bared a confused look before showing slight excitement. He grinned with enthusiasm. 

"Are you sure about that?!"

~

You were lost in thought. 

'Louis wasn't even at the curtain call.. did something happen?'

You found the rest of the crew a bit later than 9:07 PM. They were all accounted for.. apart from Louis. You were honestly worried. He was one of your only friends after all. They were rehearsing in the theater for tomorrow's show. You decided to sit in the back and watch. 

They were great performers. They danced with such grace. It came to a fight scene, and a familiar wolf took the stage with a large tiger.

Not that there were any small ones.