I.4

It's not that bad, he says.

Yuna's eyes fluttered open. She sat up slowly, her head still dizzy. A loud growl erupted from her stomach and she clicked her tongue, remembering that she hasn't ate yet.

"Oh, you're awake."

Yuna raised her head at the voice. She recognized the man in the room. She looked around the room and realized that she was in the local clinic.

"What am I doing here?" Yuna asked.

"You fainted in the middle of the street while it's snowing. Looks like you overworked yourself again." The doctor said.

Yuna ruffled her brown hair.

"I'm sorry for causing trouble... Just add the payment to my tab." Yuna sighed.

"Oh, about that. Someone paid your debts already."

Yuna blinked once. She stared at the Doctor's face with wide eyes. She knew he wasn't lying.

"Who did that?" She asked.

"The young man who brought you here. He has white hair and was wearing a white haori. His face was covered in scars, I was quite scared when I saw him."

Yuna couldn't believe her ears. She knew who the young man was.

"Why did he do that...?" She mumbled.

"He is a nice person, despite his looks. You should thank him if you ever see him." The Doctor said.

Yuna sighed again. She rubbed her face and winced when she did so. She stood up from the futon and walked to where the mirror was.

"Holy shit." She mumbled.

"Is that my face?"

"Ah, yes, I was surprised when I saw you too. They were red yesterday but they turned like that this morning." He explained.

Yuna stared at her face on the mirror. There was a big, purplish black mark under her right eye. There were also bruises on her cheeks and the corner of her lips. Her forehead was bandaged too.

She looked down on her arms and legs. They were also bruised.

She shook her head and walked away.

"Thank you for the treatment. I'll be leaving now." Yuna said as she bowed to the Doctor.

"Yes. Don't forget to take care of yourself. How can you take care of your aunt if you can't even take care of yourself? Be sure to eat more." The Doctor reminded.

Yuna left the clinic. Cold air hit her skin and she shivered. She could see a little bit of snow on the grounds. She walked to her house and finally arrived.

She opened the door slowly and tiptoed into the room. When someone grabbed her shoulders from behind, she turned around.

"AHHH-" Yuna slapped her hand on Hiroto's mouth.

"You scared me!" Hiroto whisper-shouted at her as he removed her hand.

"What happened to your face?!"

"Things." Yuna answered shortly.

She saw her aunt asleep and went into the bathroom to wash her face. Her face throbbed as she washed it. She walked out and saw that Hiroto has prepared some food for her.

She scarfed down her food, startling Hiroto. She was still hungry when she finished it. Hiroto pushed a plate of mochi toward her.

Before she could eat it, someone knocked on the door.