Chapter 13

The whole museum exhibition session was awkward.

Both Seungmin and Han tried to catch up to Hyunjin, but the latter seemed to explore the place rather quickly. He did look panicky, as if he did not want the girl to maintain close distance.

Han, who previously wanted to enjoy the exhibition fully, also had her attention distracted by Hyunjin's restless state.

And that was how the museum trip went; Seungmin and Han tailed Hyunjin throughout the session and the whole tour ended quickly as expected. The girl was obviously not happy—she literally bought the tickets for nothing since everything went by in a rush.

"Hyun, you should've enjoyed the whole exhibition a bit more." Seungmin says, still lecturing him about his quickened pace even though the three of them are already heading towards the café. Yes, it irked Seungmin a little bit as he felt like Hyunjin depreciated the whole art exhibition a few minutes ago.

Han can tell how Hyunjin's tired of his shit, since all Seungmin has been blabbering about is the value of art and whatsoever.

"We literally wasted money for this." Seungmin complains once again, which makes his friend stop his tracks. Han follows the boy and notices how depressed Hyunjin looks.

"Look, I'm sorry about that but I had my reasons..." He mutters, and spares a quick glance at Han before looking away. Just like what Seungmin thought, Hyunjin was probably nervous around Han.

Instead of complaining further, he takes this chance to lure his friend into the trap. "Ah, does it have anything to do with our new friend, Hanseol?"

Hyunjin's ears turn red, but he then jerks his head to Han's direction, "Your name is... Hanseol?"

She nods, and smiles softly. "You can call me Han if you prefer."

"Han..." He mutters, then directs his gaze away from her, "Reminds me of an old friend." 

She furrows her brows and finds Seungmin secretly grinning at his friend's shyness, and whispers closely to him without Hyunjin noticing, "You did that on purpose, didn't you."

Seungmin doesn't reply, but shows her a small, sneaky grin.

The three of them soon arrive at the destination. The first thing that surprises Han is obviously, the theme of the café.

"A-A dog café?!" She yelps, earning glances from the two boys. "Yep. Is there something wrong with it?" Seungmin asks.

Han trembles a little bit upon the view; yes, dogs are cute, but the poor girl is allergic to fur that it'll be hell for her if she stays there and chats with the boys.

But she shouldn't back away. Everything is going on according to her plan so far, and she doesn't wanna waste her effort just like that.

"Nothing! Just a little bit surprised to see how cute it is." She fakes a laugh, convincing enough for the two boys, "Shall we go in?"

Han curses internally as Hyunjin opens the door, revealing the cute café. She hurriedly holds her breath to avoid having her allergies triggered, already feeling like shit. Just why would Seungmin choose this café?!

"Go get a seat with Hyunjin, I'll grab us some tea." Seungmin smiles, and Han gives her the drink she wants along with Hyunjin, before they both roam around the café for empty spots.

Hyunjin doesn't talk much, but soon squeals to see a puppy chilling near the corner. "M-Maltese?!" He grins happily and plops down next to the animal, petting its head rather softly. Han unconsciously melts at the view; someone like Hyunjin can actually elicit such reaction just because of a puppy.