When I was Gone ch.14

Roku came back late at night. He dropped the huge bag of fish from his shoulder when he spotted Hail weeping on the floor alone, and everybody else standing around, confused. He ran to Hail and lifted her wet face. "Hail, what happened!? Where's Misaki!?" Hail cried even harder at Misaki's name but still told Roku. "She.. She! She was kidnapped!! By the man who burned my place! H-He was coming for me then she came out of her hiding spot and--!!" "How long ago was this!?" She seemed to sink into the ground. "About three hours ago..." It was too late. "They could be anywhere by now.." Roku kneeled on the ground. "Hail. Tell me which direction they went." "You don't understand, it's too late Roku! They could be anywhere! She could be dead!!--" Roku slapped her mouth shut. "She's not dead." "Roku--" "She's not dead Hail!" Hail looked up at Roku's face and hugged him. "You're right. She's not dead. She'll come back." Roku accepted the hug, then stood. He looked around at the survivors that were walking around aimlessly and without a clue as to what was going on. All of their eyes were as white as when Misaki forgot all about everything. He gathered them in the cave and explained everything. Hail sat next to him. "So this only happens when they first meet him." Roku turned to her. "Misaki wasn't affected again?" Hail shook her head. "No. He paralyzed her body, but her eyes were normal and so are mine." Roku stood up again and Hail followed. "We have to search." Hail looked up at the back of his head. "Y-yeah..." He crouched down and told her to climb onto his back. "Roku, wouldn't it be better if I stayed here?" He frowned. "No. I would like to, but no. Misaki would kill me if you turned into a vampire because I left you here alone." Hail understood and climbed on his back. They searched for hours. They flew over lakes, over cliffs, over large forests and found nothing. Soon the sun was rising and Hail was asleep on Roku's as he flew his way back to the cave. He carried Hail into the nurse and laid her down on one of the beds. Then her arms wrapped around his neck and held him down. He looked down at her. "Roku... It's going to be okay. We will all be fine. She might be dead, but that doesn't mean you have to forget about the rest of us." Roku frowned at the word dead. "Hail, she's not-" "She would want you to be happy right?" "Huh?" She pressed her neck against his mouth. "Roku, you're going to be fine without her. After all, she's not the only human who has vampire blood in her system." Hail grabbed hold of his chin and opened his mouth, revealing his fangs. "Hail. Stop this." "I know you need it Roku. So why not take it?" She pressed her neck against his fangs and they pierced her neck. She didn't scream, or seem to be in any pain, she only pushed his fangs further into her neck. Drops of blood ran down her neck. Roku didn't move. "Roku, if you don't drink and let it spill like that, the other vampires will smell it." Roku drunk the blood that was dropping and immediately sealed her neck up. He separated from her and wiped at his mouth. "You see, that wasn't so bad." "What the hell is the matter with you. If you turn--" "I won't. And you know what's the matter with me?" She inched closer and held his cheeks in her hands. "I've had a crush on you ever since you rescued me. And now, my rival is dead. So I'm here to take her place." She pressed her lips onto Roku's and kissed him. He pushed her down onto the bed forcefully. "What did you just say!?" "Roku." Her voice started to warp and crack into a totally different voice. Her blonde hair was beginning to be inked by white and her nails grew to be three inches long and they were as pointed as a knife. She stood and her body grew, revealing a fully grown woman. "You..." "I..." Her eyes were taken over by glowing whiteness and she smiled. "Am the wife of the man who is slowly killing your human." Roku wanted to lunge at her, to dig his claws deep into her neck, but his body didn't respond to him. "Can't you just imagine it Roku? Her sweet, little voice, crying out for none other than you." Her voice cracked and Roku's eyes widened as she spoke the next words in Misaki's voice. "Roku... Roku.. Roku! I'm sorry! Please come save me! I need you!!" His heart raced and a tear made its way up to his eyes. She laughed again in her normal voice. "We have total control of your human Roku. And if you want her heart to continue beating, you will do as I say and nothing else. And if anything were to happen to his precious wife, what do you think my husband will do?" Roku was released and his body was his own again. Then her body morphed again into the girl they knew as Hail. "I know everything will be fine. Don't worry about it 'kay?" She smiled and laid down on the bed Roku had previously put her in. "Good night Roku! Have sweet dreams!"