CH 9

Sylas stood there confused before grumbling again, a small blush only on one cheek, he felt his heart throb as he brought a hand to hide the bottom of his face feeling a tiny smile tug at corner of his lips. When he turned his attention back to you, you were no longer there but instead you were in front of him. In response he let out a surprised grunt before angrily mumbling.

"I regret associating myself with you-" He dead panned causing you to freeze of how cold his tone of voice was, you sorta expected it, but you weren't used to it. You quietly stayed in front of him, a silent staring contest between the two of you.

"..." Sylas narrowed his yellow...er...lime green and red eyes staring dead into your soul as you stared back with your large round e/c orbs.

"..." You gave a small hum as your hand reached for something on the table, Sylas' eyes twitched just a bit, but didn't break eye contact. Ever so slowly and ever so gently you placed a strawberry on his lips, confusing him as he backed his head a bit and blinked twice before looking at the red fruit in your hand.

"Hehe! I win!" You giggled before being (lightly) slapped in the face, your eyes being covered once again before you felt the strawberry disappear from your hand. You tried to uncover your eyes but Sylas' two hands were still connected to your face, so you sorta just...pfft, sorta just shook and shimmied like a worm.

"W-what? Hey! I can't see! What's with you and covering my faaace?!" You whined like a child still trying to pry his hands off your eyes, Sylas chewed at the sweet fruit. A very wholesome smile upon his features before forcing it down to a frown.

"That's because ye just look extremely ugly. Can't handle the mere sight of ye lassie..." Sylas spoke coldly before revealing your face. He turned his back on you as you watched his head, he was munching on something before swallowing it down. But...when he turned his eyes back to you, you had faked some tears in your eyes and hurt expression upon your features, you sniffled and wiped your eyes for effect...

And you know what?

It worked...sorta-

"!" Sylas tensed at the sight of you, sure he's splatted you and killed your many many times over and over and over again, but you never cried! Sure you were vulnerable, but not...emotionally like this! He almost wanted to just...what's the word when you wrap your arms around someone to hide them in your chest and make them feel alright, but at the same time not trying to catch feels or show that you're sorry?

"L-lass, quit yer...eye leakin-" He demanded, you only wiped your eyes some more, giving him the idea that his 'efforts' weren't doing anything. Sylas at this point was internally panicking as he held out both his hands, they just awkwardly stood in place.

"D-do you really...hate my face that much..? D-do you...*fake sniffle* really...not want to be my friend...?*very fake hic*" You 'sobbed' hoping your acting days in the Drama Club of Middle School would pay off-

"Nae! I confess! I don't hate ye and yer wee self! I just can't stand yer ugly mug lo- I can't stand yer...cute face when ye do all that...smilin'..." He mumbled the last part, he looked back up at you to see your eyes furrowed, and tears still chilling on the corners of your eyes.

"And stop that...watery eye stuff...yer makin' me feel uneasy over here..." Sylas grumbled, crossing his arms and averting his eyes, the next set of words that escaped your lips, just surprised him a little bit.

"Can I...get a hug...?" You asked the tears no longer gone but you had a small pout on your face, which means you weren't 100% happy yet.

'If I can get him to hug me, it's a win for me! 1 for Y/n 0 for Sylas... hehehe....' you thought to yourself, Sylas seemed to be staring at you for a good 20 seconds before taking a deep breath and shutting his eyes, opening his arms out for a hug.

'Just think of her as one of them Small Fries...Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry.' Sylas repeated in his head, waiting for a tackle hug, which he was more that prepared for, he gets in wrestles and friendly fights with chums and Cohocks...a tackle from a small inkling such as yourself would be fine...!

"Just a Small Fry. Just a Small Fry. Just a Small Fry. Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry. Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry. Just a Small Fry.Just a Small Fry. Just a Small Fry." He had begun to quietly whisper...or mumble to himself, almost chanting...you stared at him a little as his eyes were tightly shut, you let out a silent giggle before gently wrapping your arms around the tall male. Instinctively he tensed his arms stayed suspended in the air as you waited for his arms to wrap around you, you attempted to press your cheek against his chest only, you could hear his ink pumping, and fast too. He opened his eyes and stared at your head, he gulped a bit and took a deep breath, trying hard not to harshly push you away.

Growing a tad impatient, and disappointed he didn't hug back you let go of him and pulled away, just a couple inches, before he finally wrapped his arms around you. His movements were quick as he wrapped both arms around you and practically squished your form against his, though you were practically crushed you could feel him shaking. Now that you think about it, you've never seen him scared, was he nervous? You wrapped your arms around him and gave a small giggle at the thought of him being afraid of affection.

"It's alright, relax silly!" Those words seemed to have the opposite effect as he ended up squeezing you just a little tighter. You looked up at him to see his yellow and red eyes worriedly staring at you before they grew clouded in anger and embarrassment, he shoved you away and crossed his arms looking away and practically growling at you.

"Don't tell me what to do ye wank, what matters it that ye got yer stupid hug and yer no longer cryin'- " He hissed with a small pout mixed in his face. Your lips tugged into a small smile before complimenting him on his hugging skills.

"Yeah, and you're a pretty good hugger too Sylas! Now come on let's eat the rest of the snacks." You said walking back to the table of food, Sylas watched you with his eyes, a small blush dusted on one cheek before he averted his eyes away and followed you.

~~~~~~~~~

It's funny how I'm updating this now that school has started...also heyo! I'm in the school of high now! get it? cause- cause so many kids here vape and-

... yeah that...that wasn't funny I'll stop. Also kids who do drugs in high school. Please stop qwq don't do it. Stay in fruits and vegetables and Eat your School :)