I knew they still had questions they had planned to ask me but had pushed it off until I felt better. 

I also needed to deliberate about May. Was she really all this time acting so cruel because of the drug? She did protect me against that person who was pointing the gun at me and Zenon, but did she really change? Could I trust her again?

A part of me would never fully trust her again. Not after everything she did. 

May was still being checked out right now. Mr. Stark said she will be done with all of the tests tomorrow, which is when she will come and visit us.

I didn't know what this meant for me. Would I move back to that apartment that harbored so many bad memories, or would I stay here with Mr. Stark? I knew staying here was unlikely, but it still made my stomach churn with worry at the thought of having to go back to the apartment with May.

Ned whispered to me, "You okay? You're a bit quiet."

I forced a smile. "I'm fine."

Ned raised an unimpressed eyebrow and sarcastically said, "Haven't heard that one before." Okay, maybe I did tell him a thousand times I was fine in the past when I really wasn't.

I raised my finger. "Okay, correction. I will be fine. I just need a couple of days."

"Alright, Peter. But if you need anything, and I mean anything, tell me. And if you don't-"

I cut him off, "Yes, yes. I know. You'll hunt me down until I accept your help. We've been over this before."

He grinned. "Exactly. I'm glad you understand the terms."

Looking down at my food, a plan formed in my mind regarding the next couple of days in the tower.

"Actually. I need your help." My eyes flicked over to the others who were busy talking amongst each other. "I'll tell you after dinner."

"You got it."

~ ~ ~ 

I groaned awake in my room, tangled in the sheets around me on my bed. I still had a panging headache, especially around my temples, albeit it was much less painful than yesterday.

"Friday, what's the time?" I asked aloud. I didn't have a phone to check the time, nor a watch or another electronic device, so whenever I needed to know the time or something else, Friday was there to help out. Without her, it could be eight in the morning, two o'clock in the afternoon, or six in the early evening. I wouldn't know. 

"One o'clock." Looks like I slept through the morning. Friday continued, "Tony did not want to wake you up since you need rest, but I was told to inform you that lunch will be brought down when you request it."

Stretching, I said, "Thanks, Friday." I stayed in bed for another seven minutes, staring at the white wall as if it held answers that were beyond my reach. Once I realized that it was just a wall and wasn't going to answer any of my questions, I forced myself to look away. I threw the Iron-man themed bedsheets aside and rolled out of bed, landing in a crouch. I wanted to walk a bit, so I decided to get lunch myself, even though I would probably get scolded by the Avengers.

I washed up my face a little bit in the bathroom before going to my closet and trying to find a shirt that wasn't dirty.

Tugging on a clean white shirt, I walked out of my room and towards the stairs. The commons room was a floor above mine, so waiting for the elevator actually would probably take longer. I climbed up the stair and walked over to the door, putting my hand on it to push it open.

"...not in New York City." I heard someone say with my enhanced hearing, and I paused to hear what Mr. Stark had to say. "It's like he's just gone. Poof, disappeared, even though he was taken by that guy. What was his name? Zap or something?" I had a feeling they were talking about the disappearance of Spider-man. Crap.