~ Chapter 23 ~

"Why are you coming down with me?" I frowned as Mr. Stark entered the elevator with me. We had finished the project in the lab, eaten dinner with the others, and I had told them all goodbye. Now would be the time I would be Spider-man for a couple of hours, patrolling around the city. However, Mr. Stark seemed to have a different plan as he joined me in the elevator. 

He held out a key I hadn't seen him take. "I'm driving you home."

My eyes widened. "Oh, why? I can walk. I like walking."

"Because it's later than usual, and I don't want you walking on the streets alone. It's dangerous." Sure, it may have been 10 o'clock, but that wasn't considered late in my book. Even then, I would be able to take care of myself fine, especially since I was, you know, Spider-man. But he didn't know that.

"What about Happy? Can he drive me?" Anyone but Tony, really. I hoped that Tony didn't remember the address he used to ship the boxes to me. With Happy, I could maybe direct him to Ned's place without any suspicion.  

Tony pretended to look offended. "You don't want me?" Preferably not for this. 

"No no, it's just that Happy's usually the driver over here-"

He cut me off. "Not this time! I get to drive you now." I opened my mouth to argue against that, but I couldn't come up with another legitimate argument, leaving me to bite my lip worriedly as we walked into the garage. 

Car after car stood in the garage, some sportive and others were large and bulky.

As we passed a couple of cars and continued walking, I asked, "Which one's yours?"

A small smile played on his lips as he turned his head and smirked at me. "All of them." All of them? He has to be kidding. How can he even drive them all? Every day a new car? We stopped in front of a yellow and red Lamborghini. He clicked the car keys, and the doors automatically opened upwards as the car beeped. He gestured to the passenger side, and I quietly made my way over, filled with awe. 

I winced when I placed my new sneaker that Mr. Stark had bought for me in his clean, brand-new looking car. I sat carefully, trying not to get any dirt on anything as he joined me, sitting in the front seat. 

"Like it?" He asked me. 

Before I could answer, he stepped on the gas pedal, and a screech came out of my mouth. My hand grabbed the handle on the side of the roof. 

He laughed at my reaction, causing my cheeks to redden until I couldn't help but give a small laugh as well. That laugh was cut short when I remembered where we would be heading. I was about to comment on if he knew where my address was and hopefully inconspicuously change it to Ned's location, but then I noticed the GPS on the front screen that was directing Mr. Stark to May's apartment.

Okay, as long as he just dropped me off, it would be fine. When we would arrive, I would thank him for driving me. Give him a hug- wait no, that's too much. Handshake? No, that would be weird. A wave? Yes, that should do the trick. And then say goodbye and go into the apartment building, wait until he drives away, and then go Spider-manning. This was a good, solid plan. No way anything could go wrong. 

"What did you say was your aunt's job is again?" Mr. Stark asked, jolting me from my thoughts.

"Oh, she was- is- a nurse. She works in the emergency room," I supplied.

We turned a corner. "Wow, emergency room. Interesting. Does she ever have to work the night shifts?"

I thought back when she used to work as a nurse. No, she used to work morning to afternoon shifts, so she could be with me the rest of the time. "Usually morning shifts, and then she's at home for the rest of the day."