~Chapter 3~ | Gaining Sea Legs

{A.N. Sorry for the delay @Charismatic_Parsnip <3. Writer's block beat my ass last week. Love you. Also to all y'alls reading this. Please, please, please vote, comment, and follow. I can almost guarantee that I have something else that could perhaps interest you! }

Sleep came easy for Alyn. The same could not be said for the ungodly hour at which she woke up, whatever hour that may be. 

Lucy shook her awake, and without waiting for her to get up, she tossed a lump of fabric at her. Alyn sluggishly untangled the material, barely being able to make it out as a small set of men's sailing gear. 

She pulled on the black pants and tucked her flowy white blouse into them. The attire was rather soft, but she couldn't help but grimace at how low the neckline was. It didn't expose cleavage, but it was just enough to bother her. She shook her head and tied the red sash around her waist to act as a belt, and she pulled on her boots.

Lucy had just finished combing her hair, and sat by the vanity lacing her shoes. Alyn grinned and called out to get Lucy's attention.

"Lu. Brush. Me. Chop-chop." she clapped her hands and chuckled. Lucy tossed the brush overhead and Alyn caught it ungracefully. He fingers fumbled with it for a moment before she got a solid grasp on it, and she began to brush out her hair.

The knots were not pleasant, and her hair was a tad bit crusty from the salt, but she ultimately was able to brush it until it was silky-smooth. 

Well.

Not silky. But it was as good as one could get it after being doused in ocean water.

She placed the brush back down onto the vanity as Lucy tied her hair back. Lucy stood, and Alyn extended an arm. 

"Shall we, Your Majesty?" Alyn announced with a false posh accent.

Lucy replied with her own overdone flourish, "We shall, my dear."

They linked elbows and trotted gallantly out onto the main deck. When Edmund and Caspian, who were deep in conversation with Captain Drinian, saw the two girls fooling around on deck, their eyes widened. 

Lucy's smile shone brightly, all the while Alyn's hair billowed around her face, causing her to laugh her contagious laugh. They approached the commanders of the ship, still giddy from their laughing fit.

Drinian was the first to speak. He looked directly at Alyn with a raised eyebrow.

"Good morning, young man. You don't suppose you've seen a wee lass around here, have you?" 

Edmund guffawed and Caspian almost choked on air as they laughed. Drinian smiled slyly at Alyn and Lucy, and they laughed, causing Drinian to clap Alyn on the shoulder. She nudged his arm away playfully, and he chuckled.

The five of them spent a load of that portion of the morning just talking and laughing about simple things. But something weighed on Alyn's mind.

Lucy and Edmund had said that the only times that they had come to Narnia was when they were greatly needed. Surely this time wouldn't be any different. She knew there had to be more pressing matters at hand, but she wasn't sure what. She had been told of their various adventures and trials in battle, but she wasn't sure that she was prepared enough for it, should an instance like that arise.

Her brows furrowed, and her lips pursed slightly, her eyes lost in her distant thoughts, and Edmund noticed. 

"Hey," he poked her, breaking her from her trance. She shook her head to clear her vision, before looking at her friend.