Part Five.

The air, even outside of the flower shop was perfumed by the heavy scent of the flowers that were inside. June smiles at the familiarity of the scent, before taking the key from her pocket and locking the door behind her. This was the 3rd time this week she had to lock up on her own, but she didn't complain. She knew her mother needed her help. 

"June" a small voice came from behind her. She turns only to see Finn stood before her, both hands tied behind his back. "hi..." he smiles abit more, but keeping his distance. 

"Hello" June smiles back awkwardly, placing the key back in her pocket and picking up her basket.

"i came to er... apologise for yesterday" his gaze falls down to her knee where the cut is visible from yesterday, alot cleaner and more red. "and to give you this" his hands now move from behind his back, to reveal a single daisy. June's favourite. Her hand reaches forward and plucks the daisy from his hand as she takes a step down to be the same level as him. 

"Apology accepted" her smile widens. June stretches her arms out and pulls Finn in for a hug. The pair never fought, and although this technically wasn't their fight, she still felt better now things were on the mend. "Walk me home?" she asks, nodding in the direction of home. Finn agree's, falling into step with the girl, their shoes hitting the cobbles. 

"How was your day?" June asks Finn, knowing he more than likely wouldn't tell her the whole truth. 

"It was pretty chill really. I was with my brothers for most of it but they ended up sending me off to do my own thing..." Finn drifts off, thinking more deeply than was necessary. "But it was good" 

"Well i'm glad to hear" 

"Busy at the shop?" he asks in return, his head looking down to hers.

"It was a slow morning, but Mrs Fisher came in and ended up buying what felt like half the shop! i swear that womans takes the flowers and plants them in her garden to make out she grew them herself!" Finn laughs at this statement, knowing that Mrs Fisher is more than likely to actually do that. 

June's house wasn't far off now and Finn still felt like he hadn't gotten out what he needed to say. Grabbing her arm gently he pulls them both to a halt. 

"So.. June i know i've apologised but i feel i have to do so again. I haven't felt as guilty as yesterday in a very long time especially as i hurt you" he sighs, his smile falling from his face. 

"Finn, honestly its fine! forgive and forget ok? anyway... i know another way you can make it up to me" June giggles, a plan forming on her mind. 

"and that is?" he asks quizically

"a dance at Grace's Charity ball! one dance. Thats it! no excuse about two left feet" 

"but i do have two left feet" Finn objects.

"Excuses" June laughs, opening the door to her house. She gestures for Finn to follow her in, only to be greet by George and her mum in the kitchen. 

"Oh... hi" June stumbles, stopping abruptly.Finn bumps into the back of her. 

"I didn't know you were inviting Finn" her mother smiles politely, trying to act nice infront of George. 

"It wasn only for a minute... we were talking about the charity ball...." June's voice goes quiet, her gaze still hasn't reached George's. 

"Well, if you dont mind Finn, we have a quest over for dinner which is being served shortly! June will have to see you tomorrow" 

"Of course...Goodbye June... Mrs Hathaway.." he nods in their direction and then continues to turn his back and walk back out of the house. 

"now, i'm just off to the garden to collect flowers for the table... both of you, sit" Mrs Hathaway smiles, walking out of the door. June sits down in silence and George sits next to her. 

"Hey.." she whispers, finally looking up. His face is almost red with anger. His arm moves to the top of June's thigh where he starts to squeeze to tightly it is bound to bruise. His other hand is gripping a knife. Petrified, June couldn't move her eyes anywhere else but on the knife. He wouldn't stab her surely?

"What have i said about Finn Fucking Shelby.." he grits his teeth but spit still seems to spill out. The sound of her mother returning gives him the chance to calm down and let go of the form. June tries so hard not to cry at the pain on her leg, whilst George looks up at Mrs Hathaway..."these are beautiful flowers" he smiles, all anger gone as if it was never there...