Part Six.

There was a buzz around the room, other teenagers filtering in through the door, and excited chatter surrounding June as everyone was finally back to school. The girl places her chin in her hand as she waited for everyone to calm down and for the teacher to enter. The only things that June looks forward to about school, is the fact that she has hardly any lessons with George. It soothes her knowing that he isn't there constantly looking over her shoulder.

"Morning everyone" Mrs Bray walks in coffee and binder in hand.

"Morning..." there was a slow murmur, everyone's tiredness kicking in. June noticed a group of girls sat in the corner, their lips lined with lipsticks and a smidge of mascara on their lashes. They always dressed up nice, beautiful dresses made out of expensive fabric. Sometimes June always wondered why they are in this school when their families aren't exactly poor. She sighs, wishing she could wear such beautiful dresses. The dresses that she gets bought for her or her mum makes are just as pretty, but still, there was something about having a lining of silk that makes everything feel expensive.

"Sorry I'm late Mrs Bray..." Finn walks into the room, his hat half falling off his head and her shirt untucked. The teacher raised her eyebrows, almost in shock at who had just walked in through the door. Finn rarely came to class, or even school in fact. He would normally be with his brothers, learning more about the family business. It what he was interested in most.

"Take a seat Mr Shelby" Mrs Bray says sternly, turning her head back down to the register.

"Hey" Finn whispers, smiling at June and taking the vacant seat next to her. She smiles back, grateful that her friend will be joining her today. June's bad mood suddenly flips, excited for the day. She had Maths, Science and English, and Finn was in every one of those lessons. It was only that morning she wished she could just leave school. Be more like Finn and learn more about her family business of the flower shop, so she could hopefully one day run it.

"Right... that's the register done. Now.... who's excited for maths?!" Mrs Bray smiles, turning towards the chalkboard. Everyone groaned.

***

"Well how boring was that" Finn laughs "no wonder I don't bother coming to school"

"It wasn't that bad, fractions are just hard" June shrugs. "How come you came today anyway?" The pair walk out of the classroom and down the hall, ready for their next lesson. The buzz that filled their classroom this morning was back once again but what felt like throughout the entire school.

"Well.... to see you of course" Finn smiles, but his cheeks burn bright red. June smiles, knowing he was being genuine. She reaches up to tie her hair which was falling loose from her ponytail, when Finn grabs her arm.

"What the fuck is that" His hand is on her wrist, turning her arm so he can see on her forearm, the big purple bruise. June's face burns with embarrassment. She snatches her arm away and pulls down her long sleeve, racking her brain for an excuse to give.

"The shop door slammed on my arm... you know what that doors like! Someone only has to blow on it and it slams shut! Heavy door too...." Finn raises his eyebrows in disbelief, knowing full well what actually happened. Anger fuelled him, but the look on June's face, the look of pure panic made him think twice about his next actions against George. He was the only one who could of done this.

"Right....." Finn says sarcastically in response, not wanting to argue with her. They finally made it to their next lessons. The pair sat down next to each other at a table, and then didn't speak a word to each other for the next hour.

***

Science was finally over with. June was trying as fast as she could to put her belongings in her bag and shoot off, but Finn beat her too it. He was up and out the door before she could even put her pencil case in her bag. She sighs, finally standing up from her desk and walks towards the door.

"Hey" George smiles, leaning on the doorway. June felt herself tense up at the sight of him, but tried her best to relax.

"Hello" she gives a small smile, continuing to walk out of the door.

"You're hanging with me for lunch" he orders sternly.

"I am?" June questions. George gives her a glare that tells her to shut up. She closes her mouth and stares straight ahead, letting him guide her. They sit at a table with 3 of George's friends, all boys.

"Well well well, look who is it" one of them laughs

"June the Prune" another laughs. George laughs along with them, and then kicks June under the table for her to join in. She giggles shyly so she didn't look like a total bore, or so she wouldn't get another kick in the shin.

She spent all of lunchtime being called names by George and his friends, unable to leave. All she wanted to do was go home.