❦ Chapter Twelve ❦

Start from the beginning

I bit my lip as Stiles glanced warily at me. No one other than Stiles knew that I had touched the venom at the mechanics garage and had not gotten paralyzed, and no one knew I had been touched again by the venom at the pool. My eyes were cast to the ground as I said, "You're right. We don't."

I smashed my head against the wall when I heard Lydia and Jackson arguing once again. "Will they ever stop?" I groaned. It was like they were yelling right into my ear, and it was giving me a fucking migraine.

Outside it was getting dark, and Scott still hadn't gotten here. "We've got company," Stiles whispered peeping out of the curtains and looking outside.  Rolling my eyes, I picked myself off the floor and made my way over to him.

"Move it," I muttered and pushed him out of the way, causing him to stagger back in an exaggerated manor. "Wuss."

He gave me a glare and I flipped him off with a sweet, sarcastic smile. We'd been pushing and shoving each other since we got here, and I think Allison was starting to get sick of it.

"You guys act like your dating," Allison commented, watching us both. I fake coughed and glanced over at Stiles, whose eyes were wide and his face was red.

"What the - Pfft - Hell no! Why would I want to d-date her?" Stiles spluttered out blinking rapidly.

I frowned at him. "What is that supposed to mean?" I questioned, hurt clearly visible on my face. What was so bad about dating me? I thought I was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I even had a freaking Star Wars marathon with him, for Christ's sake.

Stiles' eyes met mine and his mouth hung open with no words escaping. I scowled at him and turned to the window, pushing the curtain aside I peeked through the window. I instantly felt hopeless. Derek, Isaac, Boyd and Erica stood outside the house on the front lawn. They were laughing and smirking with each other and I just wanted to grab Allison's crossbow and shoot all of them in the head. Except for Boyd. Boyd was cool, or he used to be. I would let him live.

"Bloody Mary," I said not taking my eyes off them. I didn't exactly doubt Allison's huntress skills, but against four werewolves all by herself with two meekly and pathetic humans? We were going to get slaughtered.

"What are you doing?" Stiles asked. I took my eyes off the werewolves and glanced at Stiles, who was staring straight at Allison. I looked over to Allison to see her staring at a phone in her hands.

"I think-" She paused to wipe her nose with her sleeve, "I think I have to call my dad." Didn't her dad have something against Scott. I mean, other than the fact he was a werewolf?

"But if he finds you here you and Scott-"

"I know," Allison cut him off with tears in her eyes. "But what are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia."

The cold hard truth finally sunk in. If they were here to kill Lydia, and we got in the way.. did that mean we were getting ready to die?

"I'm not ready to die," I whispered to myself back away from the window. I couldn't die, I had so much I needed to do. I needed to get my memories back, find my real family. If I was going to do that, we needed to stop Derek's pack. Without one last glance at Allison or Stiles, I walked into the kitchen. "Where are you?" I muttered searching the counters and draws. I checked beside the microwave and finally found what I was looking for.

A knife.

There were several knives, all standing in a wooden block ready to be used. I grabbed a smaller one and placed it in my sock, making sure it wouldn't stab me if I moved in any particular way. I then took a hold of the largest knife and kept it tight in my grip. I wasn't planning on killing anyone, but that doesn't mean I won't injure them severely to save Lydia's life.