C H A P T E R T E N

Start from the beginning

"Not only will the school have an imbalance on the energies between the living and the dead, but I'll also eventually dissipate into nothing, right?" Hanako couldn't help but giggle, clasping his hands together and putting his chin on top. The wonders stared at awe as the leader giggled to himself.

"I appreciate your concern, Number One, and Number Six, but this is my decision and my fault. I'd appreciate it if I am able to choose my own actions for the mistakes I've made. Of course, I'll make sure the school wouldn't get affected in the process of me solving my own problems," 

Hanako wore his usual, cheeky smile while saying that. Obviously, no one knew what he really was thinking, but it was obvious there was a hint of fear and guilt hidden in his words. His eyes didn't lie either.

"I'll deal with the yokai that have appeared around the school. As for the curse, I'll figure something out. As for the imbalance of evil spirits, all spirits must lay low for now as we don't know who we're up against. Though, if it is who everyone thinks it is, then I'll be the one to deal with it." Hanako stood from his seat and walked to the stairs.

Tsuchigomori and Yako looked down onto his seat with a sad look. Both of them knew that Hanako wouldn't be able to do all the things he had said he'd handle alone. He needed someone to help him, and almost every wonder knew that.

"Are there any other questions?" No wonder spoke up after that. Hanako knew it was time to bring it up.

"I'm sure you all know about the curse and Yashiro's lifespan," Hanako asked them. A few closed their eyes and nodded, while some hummed.

"With the Obon festival nearing, the curse will start to strengthen no matter how much the seal does. Yashiro's life is at stake when that'll happen, seeing as how this curse is the main reason why she's bound to die, and why there has been a recent spike in the number of spirits."

"That is why I have decided to cut my ties with her. However, it doesn't assure me that the Curse of Aeipathy would stop there. If it doesn't, then I'll be fighting fate once more." Hanako lowered his cap to cover his eyes, "I'm telling this to everyone just in case that this might be our last meeting with me as the Seventh Wonder, just saying."

"Are you really willing to sacrifice your life for that girl? I mean, humans will die eventually, so why even bother?" Mirai, the future clock keeper, questioned the apparition, a small frown on her face. Akane glared at Mirai for saying that at such a bad time, though Hanako didn't seem to mind at all.

"Why?" The smile on his face widened, "Simply because I want her to live."

The room fell silent after. Hanako turned to face the seats of the wonders with a large smile on his face.

"Anyways, I all just wanted to give you all a heads up. If there aren't any more questions, then that's settled," Hanako said, standing up from his seat, "Oh, before I forget, can I ask you all a favor?"

"If something ever happens to me, and Yashiro will approach any of you, please don't tell her about my decision. It's for her own good, even if she doesn't agree." Hanako's usual smile disappeared and was replaced by a pleading demeanor. His brows were furrowed and his eyes showed worry and guilt. 

It was the first time for most of the wonders to see the Seventh looking desperate. They all looked at him measly, before promising to their leader. Hanako smiled at them one more time and thanked them, before dismissing the meeting. He left the boundary where they had their meeting and returned to his own.

•  •  •

The moonlight was bright that night.

It shined brighter than usual, lighting up the path for those lost in the night. Though Hanako knew that no matter what path he would choose, everything was a gamble and would make him even more lost and distressed. He didn't know if cutting off his bonds would save her from the curse or not. It might already be too late to stop it now.

But it would be for the best... wouldn't it?

At least she wouldn't be so near to the far shore anymore. She wouldn't have to be burdened so much because of the curse Hanako had. She might be able to live life and do all the things she dreamed of doing. She could fall in love, get married, have kids, and grow old. She'd do all the things she wanted with no worries, and she didn't have to burden herself any longer with his death.

Hanako had already accepted that he couldn't do the same things he did as a human anymore. Even if he tried, he wouldn't be able to truly make Nene happy. He wouldn't be able to graduate with her, to take her on dates to the cinema or a coffee shop, and to get married to her and have kids. There was nothing that he could do to change the mistake he made four years ago. His soul will forever be living on both the near shore and in the gates of Hell.

He had no future, and his destiny was the complete opposite of hers. He has fully accepted that.

But now, her soul was being threatened with the existence of his and Yashiro's bond. From the moment he died, her life had also been affected. Her life was cut short, and because of him, she wouldn't be able to live her life like how he wanted her to.

It was his fault that she was going to die, and he had to take responsibility.

He had to do something to make her live.

Even if it meant that he'd disappear from existence.

So, the A/N was a prank. Just kidding.

I originally intended not to post today, but after doing a bit of editing, proofreading, and writing, I sorta got back on my feet.

Though, there is something that's been bothering me a bit when I write this story.

For some reason, when I reread the chapters of Boundaries over and over again, I just start to feel discontented. I've started to feel very self-conscious about what I write. It's almost like I feel like I blurt out too many things, or ramble on too much, or turn the character completely OOC.

I really don't think I've been doing a good job with writing this fic.

That doesn't mean that I'll stop writing, though! All my efforts would go to waste if I did, and @ShaminUwU would most definitely bug me about it and complain (maybe you guys too ://).

It's just a little rant from Author-san, I'll be fine soon :DD.

Anyways, my birthday's coming up in a few weeks (May 21st. Yes, I was born on the day that starts the Gemini season). 

It actually lays on the same day that Chapter 17 would be posted, and I am totally not looking forward to writing, proofreading, and editing Chapter 17. 

So, along with Chapter 17, a special chapter will also be released as a thank you to everyone who has been reading and supporting this story so far. Trust me, you might need it after reading 17.

Summing this A/N up, I hope everyone enjoyed this somewhat uneventful chapter!

Moirae x