Tastes Like Confusion With A Hint Of Betrayal☽52☾

Start from the beginning

Isabel feeling slightly offended asked, "what's that supposed to mean?"

"After all the Mikaelsons took from you, you're still over there playing right along like you was one of them."

Isabel subconsciously rubbed her thumb up and down Jacobs arm as she said, "they're my family, Mary. They're Hope and Jacobs family."

"And when you got married, Jack became your family. And maybe they need you, but your husband needs you, too."

Isabel slumped slightly, she knew Mary was right. Jack needed and wanted her and he was now a part of her family, a life partner until he passed on. But Isabel couldn't help but still feel torn. The Mikaelsons had been such a huge part of her life and were connected to her in many ways.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Hope and Jacob were seated in the double-seated stroller next to the table, where Mary is doting on them as Isabel made sure Rose was all ready to walk with her. She had decided to go with the kids and spend time with Jack out in the Bayou and hopefully settle things down between them.

"Okay, I think we are all ready," Isabel said as she stood up from her kneeled position. But her hybrid-hearing picked up the sounds of fighting from across the street at the compound and she's immediately on alert.

Elijah ripped the heart out of one of the two Strix members and dropped it unceremoniously onto the floor before spinning and karate-chopping the neck of the other so hard that he'd been decapitated, causing a splatter of blood to spray against the portrait of him hanging on the wall.

Isabel's eyes widen as both she and Mary realized an attack was happening at the compound, and they both look out the balcony of the apartment toward the compound's balcony in hopes of seeing what was happening.

"There's something going on over there." Isabel muttered anxiously. In a quick movement Isabel ripped herself away from her viewing spot to leave but Mary immediately stepped up to stop her.

"Isabel, no! Whatever trouble that is, it ain't yours."

Isabel gave her a look before vamp-speeding toward the balcony so quickly that Mary flinched in surprise. Isabel then quickly launched herself from her balcony to the one at the compound in a single bound, landing in a crouched defensive position on the floor of Klaus' bedroom.

Hayley, who had been at the dinner so Elijah could 'babysit' her had finally stepped out and fought beside Elijah, despite the little training she had been able to do with the brunette Original. But she was tired of hiding and didn't listen to Elijah when he said to leave and instead decided to fight.

Hayley threw a Strix member over her shoulder as Elijah punched one in the face before twisting his arm so hard that it snapped, but was too distracted to see another Strix member grab him in a headlock from behind. Fortunately, Isabel instantly vamp-sped toward the man and snapped his neck, allowing Elijah to do the same to the other vampire.

"You guys alright?" Isabel asked as she looked over the two.

But before either could answer, Marcel walked up behind Elijah and stabbed him through the heart from behind with a stake.

"Agh!"

"Elijah!" Hayley yelled in shock, about to move toward Marcel when Isabel quickly got to her side and stopped her with a tight grip to the arm.