Tastes Like Confusion With A Hint Of Betrayal☽52☾

Start from the beginning

"Mm." She pursed her lips quickly as she rolled her eyes at him.

Elijah, looking amused from hearing Tristans breathy threat, walked into the room to join them. "My goodness, I could watch this forever..." he said, walking over to Tristan as he placed his hand on his progeny's forehead, yanking his head backward painfully. "...If only my sister wasn't trapped in the bottom of the ocean." With great reluctance, he let go of him. "Let me ask you again, Tristan- the coordinates, please."

Tristan once again groaned in pain from the harsh movement. "Mmm. If I tell you, you'll just kill me."

"The alternative is significantly less pleasant." Elijah informed him.

"I think I'll hold off on any confessions. At least until The Strix arrive to free me and burn your home to the ground..."

Elijah gave him an amused look. "Oooh..." he said before turning to Isabel, who looked annoyed by Tristan's stubbornness.

"I think the pompous dick could use a little more persuasion." Elijah told her.

Once Elijah left the room, Isabel walked over to him with her arms crossed over her chest and glared at him.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel stepped out into the hallway talking to Freya who had called her to verify what Mary had said upon going to the apartment.

"Yeah, she's fine. She's a little rough around the edges, but she's family. And Rose? Is she doing better?"

"She's resting with the blanket now in her bed. I had to keep Hope from trying to play with her. But otherwise she's good."

Isabel smiled to herself thinking of her babies. "Thank you so much for this. And don't worry I'll be there soon to relieve you of your duties." Just as she hung up the phone, Elijah appeared behind her, looking concerned.

"Is everything okay?"

"Had a little trouble with Mary. She just showed up. Which is very strange, considering that Jackson's out sulking in the Bayou. Not that I can really blame him, considering I didn't try to stop him, or run after him..." Elijah frowned as he felt bad for being a part of the reason that Isabel is stressed with Jackson. "But I'm just tired of being sorry for wanting to help you all here."

Elijah gave her a sympathetic look though he appreciated that she'd come to help them. "I appreciate your help. And you've done more than enough, Isabella. So please, go to your family."

The female hybrid gave him a small smile. "Good luck with him," she said then turned around and headed home to deal with Mary and see her kids.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel, holding Jacob as she fed him baby formula, and Mary sat around the kitchen table as they talked.

"Jack is my grandson. I love him, stubborn as he is. And I know he loves you."

"Then where is he?" She asked sadly.

Mary rolled her eyes. "Drinking whiskey. Chopping wood. Shooting arrows. Gets that way when he doesn't know what to do. And... and right now, he doesn't know how to help you. Which makes sense, seeing as how you don't know how to help yourself."