Leaving soon

October 20th, 2008
Matthew Lucas Roberts

Jennifer and I have been having a great time together, little does she know I'm only home for one more week. I don't know if she thinks I'm gonna be here for a month or longer but when I tell her it'll break her heart...considering I just got back home. Derrick, Eric, Beth, Missy, Jennifer, and I are all going out tonight to the movies I have no clue what we are going to see but I hope that it'll be good. If I had the choice of what we were going to do tonight I would've said we are going to the carnival. Soon after the random movie we watched ended we had all been shocked for what happened, Derrick proposed to Beth! We had no idea they were even dating none of us, now there is two weddings we have, now all we need is Eric to propose to Missy.

I suggested to everyone about the carnival they agreed and we went. We went on all the rides and I won Jennifer the giant teddy bear from a pitching game. We all had sat down at a chili's restaurant waiting for our food, we were outside on the patio waiting for them to call our names but suddenly shots were fired. Someone had walked onto the carnival grounds and kill 7 people by the time he got to where we were, so naturally Derrick, Eric and I all took our girls to cover. After we knew that they would be safe we saw that Eric had been shot in the leg but knowing Eric all he would do is tie a rag or shirt around it and keep going he could never stay outta the fight. Derrick, Eric, and I all went out after him and using our training from boot camp we stayed stealthy till I thought it would be a good idea to go up to him and talk. I walked up to him only two feet away from the barrel of his gun I saw his finger squeezing the trigger so I grabbed the end of the fun and moved it away from me I then took it and hit him in the head with the stock Eric then came in and tackled him to the ground then Derrick came over and zip tied his hands so he couldn't get away. We waited for the cops to arrive as me and my two friends sat with him making sure he didn't try anything.

The last thing he said to me before he was taken from the cops he said "why didn't you just turn the barrel on me" I looked at him and shook my head and walked away everyone had thanked Eric Derrick and I and we all acknowledged their thanks but we weren't heroes we just did what we thought was right and that was to protect ourselves and the ones we love.

Signed off,
Matthew Lucas Roberts