Chapter 14

September 2016. 

RAW is in San Francisco tonight and Colby and I decided to go out to dinner before the show. We hadn't been able to see each other for the past couple of months because I got moved to SmackDown, but RAW and SmackDown were both in town and I didn't have to leave for the next city until Wednesday at the latest.

I showered and started looking through my bags to find a dress when Colby came in wearing joggers and a hoodie and sneakers and his hair pulled back. "Hey, I got you something", he said as he smiled. He handed me the bag and I smiled widely when I saw that it was a bag from my favorite dress store in the area. "Colby!", I exclaimed as I took the bag. "Open it. Wear it to dinner", he said as he winked and went into the bathroom to shower.

I smiled as I shook my head and opened the bag and pulled the dress out. My jaw practically hit the floor when I saw it. It was a gorgeous black sequin dress that was long sleeved and went down to the middle of my thighs. I let my hair down out of the towel and was about to plug in my flat iron when Colby came walking out of the bathroom. "Don't. Wear it natural", he said and smiled. I looked at him weird and he chuckled. He walked over to me and kissed me. "I like your hair when it's naturally. Got that whole Miley curl vibe", he said and I laughed. I plugged in the blow dryer instead and and diffused it so my curls dried and I didn't have frizz.

I put on my usual makeup (light brown eyeshadow) in a smoky eye and put on a cherry red lipstick and slid on my new dress and heels (they were boots that went up to right under my knee and had a tall thin heel) and looked in the mirror. I smiled at my reflection. Colby did an amazing job picking out this dress... But why?

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Colby walking up behind me and sliding his arms around my waist. I smiled and looked back and up at him and he kissed me. I turned around and put my hands on his chest and kissed him again. He was wearing a nice black suit with a white button down shirt and a black tie and matching black shoes and had his hair pulled back in a low bun. "Ready to go?", he asked. I nodded my head and we headed down to the lobby where a black SUV with tinted windows. Colby and I climbed into the back and he took his right hand and put it on my left thigh and rubbed his thumb back and forth. I looked over at him and he smiled at me. "Are you OK?", I asked. "I'm great", he said. "Why do you ask?" "You only put your hand on my thigh like that when you're nervous or anxious", I said. He scooted closer to me and moved his hand further up my thigh to the bottom of my dress and kissed my neck by my ear. "Or maybe it's because I want you", he whispered in my ear. I felt goosebumps shoot up my arms and he smirked.

We pulled up to the Golden Gate Bridge where you can take tours and I looked at him confused. "Trust me", he said as he got out of the car. 

After helping me out of the car, he took my left hand in his right and we walked down the sidewalk and I smiled when I saw what he had done. 

Off to the side in the grass by the riverfront, Colby had set up a picnic at one of the picnic tables along the sidewalk. We sat down to eat and I smiled at him. "Colby, this is amazing.. The view is beautiful", I said as I looked over Colby's shoulder at the bridge. 

After we ate, we went walking down the sidewalk and I laid my head on his right bicep. He stopped just in front of the bridge and I looked up at him confused. "Maddison Anne, you are the most amazing thing to have ever happened to me. You're kind, funny, smart, caring, loving... Overall an amazing person. You make me want to be a better man and with you... I think I am. You lit up my life when it was dark and I never thought I'd find someone who makes me feel this happy. You're so beautiful.. I'm constantly in awe of you. I love it when I wake up first and look over and see you sleeping beside me. Hair all over the place and all *he chuckles and I smile*. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you", he said as he pulled a velvet black box out of his pocket.

My hands went up to my mouth in shock and I watched with teary eyes as Colby got down on one knee. "Maddison Anne McMahon... I love you with everything I am. Will you marry me?". I smiled as I started to cry and barely choked out "Yes!". He got up with a huge smile on his face and I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug and he wrapped his around my waist and we kissed. 

After the kiss ended, I pulled back enough to look him in the eye. All I could do was smile. "Do you wanna see the ring?", he asked. I nodded my head yes and he let me go and opened the box and I covered my mouth with my right hand and grabbed his hand with my left. "Colby, it's beautiful", I said as I stared. "Here", he said and took the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger. He held my left hand as I admired it and I wrapped him in another hug and kissed him.

The ring:

After we kissed, he pulled back and I put my hands on his chest and he wiped the tears from my eyes. "I love you", he said as he smiled. "I love you too", I said back.

We were standing there looking into each other's eyes when someone came walking up to us. "Mr.Lopez?", the man asked. "Hey! Thanks again, man. Can you send me an email?", Colby asked. "Of course. Talk soon", he said and walked off. "Who was that?", I asked confused. "A photographer. I hired him to take pictures of the engagement", he said. "What if I would've said no?", I asked as I crossed my arms and looked at him with my best fake attitude. "There wasn't any danger in that", he said as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Oh? Why's that?", I asked. 

He grabbed my hands, unfolding my arms, and smirked down at me. "Because I treat you like you deserve to be treated and there's no way you'd let me go", he said. I started laughing and wrapped my arms around his neck. "you are absolutely right", I said as I kissed him. 

When we got back in the car, I scooted closer to Colby and laid my head down on his right shoulder and he put his hand on my thigh and I put my left hand over his right. "I knew you were nervous earlier", I said and smirked. He chuckled and kissed the top of my head and I sighed happily as we rode down the highway.

Back at the room, I sat on the bed and checked my phone. Exactly one hour before we had to be at the arena. I got up and changed into my trainer's uniform and pulled my hair up into a ponytail and wiped off my makeup and redid the foundation and mascara and sat back down on the bed. I was scrolling through Instagram when Colby came out of the bathroom undoing his tie. He sat down beside me on my left side and grabbed my hand. He smiled as he ran his thumb over the ring and I smiled back. "You know... If we wanna keep this between us for a little while, you can't wear it to the arena", he said. I frowned and looked down at my hand. "But I REALLY like it", I said. Colby raised his eyebrows and I laughed. "You know I love it.. And yeah, I know. I can't wear it to the arena just yet.. Let's hurry up and figure out what kind of wedding we want so I can flaunt this thing", I said. He laughed and kissed me and got up to change clothes.

On the car ride back to the hotel room after we got engaged, Colby and I talked and agreed that we would keep it between us until we figured out how big of a wedding we want and where we want it to be. We wanted to wait a week or two so we could figure it out.

Overall, I knew what I wanted. Family and close friends only. Now just to figure out where....