chapter 8 ♣ First love, Best love

Start from the beginning

“I see your sugar coated lips haven’t changed Bill” Kamsi said

“How can it? When your beauty doesn't  change as well? How’s the last few years been for you? Okay?” he probed

“Better than okay. I heard you got married. Congratulations. Who’s the unlucky bitch?” she flashed her white teeth

“You mean lucky girl?” he raised a brow

“No I meant what I just said. Unlucky bitch”

“Well, her name’s Chimamanda. You could call her that or Manda, Mandy or Man. She’s sweet”

“Well if she was…sweet, that is, you wouldn’t be here talking to me now, would you? Hmmm! This is so good” She said commenting on the drink, continuing  “Let me guess. Your sweet wife in quote, found out about your condition and wants to have nothing to have to do with you, so you come running back to me, is that it?” Kamsi said using her eyes to emphasize her point

“No, not eactly” Bill replied reluctantly, suddenly studying his drink with immense concentration.

“Bill. Bill. You do not know this isn’t the first time we’re doing this right? We’ve been doing it over the years. I was the first and only girl you’ve  tried to sleep with….failing and who still remained good friends with you. Others either wanted revenge on you, didn’t want to see you again and what-have-you. Just how many have there being after me? Fifteen? Twenty? And each and every time you’ve had sexual problems with anyone of them, you’ve always come running back to me about it. We’ve had this particular conversation over and over again. So the last thing you should ever think of doing, is lying to me. This girl you married, she’s different from the others isn’t she?” Kamsi asked roving round Bill in thorough scrutiny.

“Different? What do you mean different?” Bill asked slightly arching a brow in confusion

“This time around, she isn’t just another girl…. Another piece of trash. No, far from it. This time around, you went and fell in love. This time around, you attached a ring to her finger”

“I’m failing to see what the point here, is”

“You didn’t consult me! That’s the point. What? You thought she was going to be the different John Doe? Be like me? Be all understanding and accept the terms and conditions you gave her? Did you tell her that you could never get aroused by any woman?”

“Yes” he replied solemnly

“And I bet you forgot to add that there was an exception? I bet you forgot to add that there’s just one woman who could arouse Bill Thompkins?”

“That wasn’t really necessary, at that point Kamsi. How do you think my wife was going to take it if I told her that no woman could get me aroused except one…who wasn’t even her?”

“No. Not her. Me! And I assure you that I could never be her. I’m not called raven-eyed beauty for nothing. After the first time we were together,and you couldn't get your dick erected, I remember how you felt bad, but I felt challenged, because there was no man in the history of Nigeria that if I wanted, has never been ready for me. Till you. That first time. And I took it upon myself to teach you. I was the only one who was understanding and the next time we came together, you were ready for me. Fully ready for me. Gosh! Our lovemaking was literarily off the charts! Even though it did take over 2 hours to raise up little Bill. Now, how did you repay me? You went and got married to another woman? But you forget something didn’t you? Me. I’m a presiding factor in your sexual life. I’m the only one who could make your little member stand at attention not her!”