∆ 14 ∆

one day.

two days.

three days.

a whole week with jaemin, jeno and renjun being distant. none of them dared to approach the others. the three of them stayed alone, each one with his loneliness.

jaemin had decided he would stop crying.

jeno was emotionless, trying to put aside every feeling that tried to form in his heart.

and renjun... well, he hadn't stopped crying. and seeing jeno, alone, at school didn't help at all. in fact, seeing jaemin didn't help either. he seemed so sad, and renjun was a hundred percent sure that it was because he and jeno were together. actually, if renjun had agreed to be jeno's boyfriend, something missed in their relationship. renjun didn't want only to be jeno's. he also wanted to be jaemin's.

how did he know? well, he felt the same way with jeno and with jaemin. and he wanted to be jeno's boyfriend, which meant he wanted to be jaemin's as well...

it felt so wrong. was it normal to like two people at the same time?

renjun wasn't sure, but he had to do something.

that evening, renjun decided to talk with jaemin. as none of them had planned on staying a soccer practice, renjun followed jaemin when the boy was going back home.

arriving at his house's gates, he noticed renjun had been following him.

"renjun? what are you doing here?" he asked, his voice barely audible.

"i-i want to talk." the chinese male responded.

jaemin sighed. "let's talk then. do you mind going up to my room?" renjun shook his head and both entered the mansion.

arriving in jaemin's room, they sat on the fluffy bed, not sparing each other a glance.

"so... you and jeno?" jaemin started, unsure of how to start the conversation.

well, he could have been wiser in his choice of words, because renjun started to sob immediately. jaemin opened his arm and took the chinese in a comforting hug. eventually, renjun ended sitting on jaemin's lap, facing him, one knee on each side and his head buried in the younger's neck.

"i'm sorry renjun... i didn't want you to cry..." he said gently rubbing the other's back.

"j-jeno... he... he b-broke up with me..." renjun said between his sobs.

"why did he do that?" jaemin asked.

"he-he didn't really explain..."

jaemin caressed renjun's hair and asked him to look at him in the eye. renjun obeyed.

"i have something to tell you. i don't really know how to phrase it but... i like you."

renjun widened his eyes, shocked and happy at the same time.

"and the fact is..." jaemin continued "i like jeno too..."

renjun stopped crying immediately. "you do?" he asked. a weight had gone off his chest: jaemin liked two people as well...

"i know it's strange and all, but yeah. i love you both equally, and in a romantic way..." jaemin explained. "i don't expect you to accept this... i just needed to tell you. that's why i've been distant with you two. and i guess that's why jeno broke up... because i told him i liked you as well..."

renjun cupped jaemin's face to prevent him from looking down.

"so, he knows?" renjun asked, some tears escaping his eyes at the mention of the break up.

"he knows that i like you, but he doesn't know that i like him yet..."

renjun nodded.

"jaemin? you want to know something?"

jaemin raised an eyebrow.

"me too. i like you both equally. and i want the two of you to be my boyfriends..."

a big smile appeared on jaemin's face. "really?"

renjun nodded again, and jaemin hugged him tightly.

"i want the three of us to go back to normal..." renjun whined.

"don't worry. we'll get together as friends and wait for a bit. who knows, perhaps jeno may ask you out again. he really likes you. the only problem is me..." jaemin continued.

renjun was quick to answer. "he'll find out that he likes you as well jaemin, i'm sure about it..."