Chapter Two: Time For School

Jared Miles Price overslept for school, but woke up. He turned Sixteen a couple months ago, but his string didn't go anywhere. Still. It's been months. He began to think if he didn't have a soulmate, but then looked at the clock. "Oh shit I'm going to be late!" Jared panicked, getting dressed fast. He combed his hair quickly, and darted out the door, almost forgetting his backpack, but grabbed it on the way out. First hour started in twenty minutes, and if he ran he might get there in time, but that chance was slim. Jared started running like something was chasing him. He definitely didn't want a detention, especially today. Today the D&D club met, and he didn't want to miss it.

He eventually got to class, but was ten minutes late. The teacher told him to sit down and gave him a tardy. He sighed, and sat down in the back. He couldn't remember how many tardy's he had, but after so many you got a detention. The teacher told him to go to the office after class was over. Jared didn't really care, he was too busy looking at the girl in front of him. He could only see her hair, but knew she was pretty. The teacher went back to talking about some book they were supposed to read, but he still didn't pay any attention. He was still staring at the girl.

Eliza took notes, making sure to get all the information for tomorrow's test. She always did good in reading class, but she wanted to do good on her test. Eliza wanted to make sure her overall grades for the semester were all A's. She had a B+ in the class, and wanted to get it up to an A.

The bell rang, and both Jared and Eliza got up, heading different places. Eliza walked to chemistry, while Jared walked to the office. He handed his tardy to the secretary and he was told one more tardy resulted in a detention. He was relieved, and went to his next class, history.