C H A P T E R O N E

Start from the beginning

Nene thought for a moment. If this story was true, then could she possibly wish to talk to Amane once more?

Aoi couldn't help but smile at her friend who was in deep thought, "You seem to be thinking a lot. Thinking about calling for Hanako-san to make Minamoto-senpai like you?"

The daikon girl blushed beet red. "Huh? W-What are you saying, Aoi-chan? I mean, he just helped me pick up my stuff when I accidentally dropped all my stuff."

Aoi laughed, "Don't hide it from me! I know you..."

In the far distance, some pink, rabbit-like apparition watched the two girls laugh before running back to Kamome Academy. Inside the girl's bathroom on the third floor of the old building, an apparition looked outside through the large window and waited patiently for the rabbit-like creature to come. When they arrived, the apparition was quick to ask.

"How is she? Is she doing fine?" The pink creature let out a small 'yup'. The apparition smiled, giving a piece of candy to them.

"I see. I'm glad she's doing alright, even after a few years." He got off the windowsill, the smile still present on her face, and left the bathroom, "Looks like I had nothing to worry about."

Little did he know.

• • •

A week has passed since Yashiro first stood in Kamome Academy.

Over the first week, Nene felt as though her every move was being watched by someone or something. She'd be walking alone in the hallway and then get chills run down her spine, then look back behind her and then see nothing. She blamed it on the ghost stories that Aoi told her and left it at that.

The Seven School Wonders. Nene couldn't stop thinking about that story Aoi told her, Hanako-san of the Bathroom.

Nene kept thinking about how the ghost could grant any wish as long as there is something precious taken away. She wouldn't mind losing something for the sake of her best friend. She can give up her soul if it meant getting Amane back. 

'It's worth a try,'

So, Nene continued on with her day and awaited until after school to execute her plans.

It's not like anything will happen with doing a made-up rumor, right?

•  •  •

Nene slowly opened the door of the old school building and began walking to the third floor. The girl's bathroom was in the right-wing of the building, so she made her way towards the restroom.

Feeling uneasy, she carefully opened the door to the restroom and took a peek to see if anyone was there. It was normal, clean, and a beautifully designed bathroom. There wasn't anyone inside any of the stalls, so Nene was sure to be able to do it alone.

She walked into the restroom and closed the door behind her. She took a few more steps until she reached the front of the third stall door and took a deep breath. She began to knock once, twice, three times.

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san..." Nene paused, "Are you there?"

Nene waited for a few seconds anticipating something to happen and nothing really happened. Suddenly, the bathroom door slightly opened, and the faint voice of a boy was heard. Nene didn't think much of it. She knew that she was just imagining things, and that wind opened the door. Nene smiled, gripping the frame of the door.

"Oh, it was just my imagination--" A hand suddenly touched her left shoulder.

"Over here." The ghost boy whispered to her.