Pup's Fury

Pup's lips lifted into a sneer as she looked at the younger Expendable, possibly only a temporary member considering his attitude.

Tool stood in front of Pup, holding her back from tearing the man to shreds.

"Hold on, hold on! What happened here?" Tool demanded as Pup tended to her bleeding lip, glaring a hole straight through the younger man.

"Bastard over there was makin' fun of m'height, Tool. I'm gonna break his fuckin' nose!"

"Now, now, Pup-" the redhead cut the man off.

"He was pokin' through m'privacy and askin' questions he shouldn'ta been askin'," Pup added. Her eyes flickered over the slightly rotund man in front of her and continued, "Askin' 'bout stuff he shouldn'ta been askin' 'bout you too."

This seemed to change Tool's attitude on the situation entirely, as Pup suspected it would. Tool began, "Pup?"

"Yeah?" Pup kind of growl.

"Break his fuckin' jaw," Tool ordered, letting go of Pup and patting her shoulder for good luck.

"Yeah," she muttered, wiping away the blood from her lip one more time.

The redhead started forward and kicked the younger man in his crotch, signalling for Lee to drop him. The younger man (Nick Pup thought his name was) dropped to the floor, groaning.

"Get up," ordered Pup. She took up a fighting stance, watching Nick and ready to be prepared to jump back at any moment. She didn't want to hit him while he was down, she wanted him to know that she could kick his ass.

Nick sprung up, attempting to swing a hard right hook but only catching air.

Pup had bounded backwards a step and, as Nick stumbled to his feet, she swung her right foot up and kicked the man powerfully in the jaw. He fell back, unable to catch himself and rammed into the wall.

"She's not so easy to hit when she's ready, is she?" Gunner whooped.

"Hey! Hey, I just mopped there this morning! Aw, for fucking Christ's sakes!" Eve's voice howled from the kitchen angrily.

Pup waited again, like some twisted game of cat and mouse.

Nick, rubbing his jaw, glowered at the short woman. Filled to the brim with growing rage, he charged forward and swung his arms wildly.

Around the room, everyone was cheering Pup on, even the younger and newer Expendables. They all knew Pup was talented enough to whoop any one of their asses on any given day. Maybe even Barney's included. Still, many of them were ready to jump in just in case Nick could somehow get the upper hand.

Pup dodged and ducked Nick's extremely predictable swings and, with a barely defined smirk, called over to Barney, "Why the hell'd ya let this dickhead join, Barns? He wouldn't be able to hit Tool when he was drunk!"

This statement, though meaning nothing to Nick since he hadn't seen Tool drunk, sent up roaring laughter into the air.

After a few more rounds and no hits from Nick, Toll finally said, "Hey, Pup, why don't you give the poor kid a break, huh?"

"Yeah, I think he gots the gist," Caesar added.

Pup looked over at Nick, the man was practically black and blue all over. She sent a roundhouse kick into the man's chest and made him fly through the front door, which had just been opened by Luna and Mars.

"Hey," Pup began, getting the two youngsters' attention, "take that dickwad to the hospital. Tell 'em he got beat up by some thugs in a back alley or somethin' will ya?"

Looking dumbfounded and surprised, the pair in the doorway looked from their fallen comrade to the sweating and angry redhead who was tending to the lucky cut Nick had given her on the inside of her lip.

"The fuck y'all standin' 'round for? Man needs a goddamn hospital!"

Luna and Mars quickly scrambled to get the beat up man into one of the nearby vehicles, suddenly wary of the redhead's wrath.