"I know. But I got into a fight with Yoshito. I said horrible things to my parents. I don't know what to do" he said in frustration and pulled his hair back.

I couldn't leave Ryu alone right now. Although he pretended to be very angry, I knew he was also very sad about the news from his mother. Many times he seems grumpy and insensitive, but in reality he cares a lot about his family, he just felt excluded and betrayed.

"Okay, then. I suppose I can't let you sleep on the street. I'm going to talk to my parents so you can spend the night here" I said and I threatened him, "but I warn you, it will only be for today! Tomorrow I want you to go back home and talk to your family in a civilized way! Is that understood?!"

"Yes, babe" he gulped, "but wait, I wanna go with you."

We both went to talk to my parents in private. We explained to them that Ryu had a very strong discussion with his parents and that he didn't feel comfortable enough to return home. My mother understood the situation while my father took it with some humor. To be honest that surprised me a lot, I wasn't sure if they would let him spend the night with us.

"Then it's decided! Ryu will spend the night here with us!" dad exclaimed, "Dai! Prepare your bed for our guest! You'll sleep with Shou tonight!"

"Oh, man!" Dai protested; he hates to sleep with Shou.

"Yay! Ryu's gonna stay with us! Play with me, Ryu!" Shou exclaimed, grabbing a soccer ball.

"Not so fast! It will only be for tonight, Shou" mom scolded him, "Also, first we have to call Ryu's parents and tell them that he'll be with us. We don't want to have problems, right, honey?"

"Oh-oh, ri-right! Of course!" dad replied.

"Okay, Mr and Mrs Matsubara. I don't want to get you in trouble with my parents" Ryu said.

Mom picked up the phone and dialed the Kurosawa's phone number. When they answered, mom passed the phone to dad.

"Hello?" Ryu's father answered the phone.

Mom had to elbow dad to get him to talk.

"Uh-uh, hey- hello! Is this Mr Kurosawa?!" he asked.

"Yes. Who's speaking?" Ryu's father asked.

"Hello, sir! This is Mr Mask!" my dad exclaimed.

"Dad!" I facepalmed.

"I-I mean- Mr Matsubara! I'm Kaoru's father!" dad explained.

"Who is Kaoru?" Ryu's father asked.

I glared at Ryu, who was really nervous.

"A friend of Ryu! Anyways, we were just calling to indicate that your child is with us!" my dad explained.

"Are you a friend of Ryu? I want to speak to him right away!" Ryu's father demanded.

"Um, he wants to speak with you" my dad told Ryu.

Ryu started shaking his head and hands. I don't blame him, his father sounded very upset.

"For the love of god! Give me the phone!" mom snatched the phone out of dad's hands, "hello, Mr Kurosawa. This is Mrs Matsubara speaking. Ryu is safe with us, but he's not feeling well right now and asked us for permission to spend the night in our house. Of course I decided to call you earlier to let you know. Is that okay?"

"Oh, I understand. Yes, of course. As long as he's okay" Ryu's father sounded gloomy.

"If you wish, I can provide you with our address so that you can come by him tomorrow" my mom told him.