I.1

First of all, I'm sorry for the late update!
Secondly, I apologize for any age mistake in the story, please do correct if something's not as it is in the main plot.

I hope you all enjoy the book!

•••

Everyone has their own stories.

Shinazugawa Sanemi dragged his feet along the road. His eyes were staring at the path as he walked. His mind was wandering about whether his choice of becoming a Pillar is right or wrong. He was only sixteen at the moment, would the responsibility of being a Pillar burden him?

Sanemi's face bumped onto someone's back when the person stopped walking.

"Shit!" He cursed.

"Shinazugawa, we are going to visit a youngster. Please refrain using vulgar words." Himejima Gyomei reprimanded the new Pillar.

"A youngster?" Sanemi cocked his head. "A bunch of guys like you?"

"Us, Shinazugawa. You included."

He was dragged along by his fellow Pillars into their little quest. It was actually a request from Oyakata-sama. The Pillars said that they have been doing this for months, but no one ever succeed.

"So, mind explaining why you told me not to wear my uniform despite doing a mission for... Oyakata-sama?" Sanemi asked. They were all wearing their daily clothes rather than their uniforms.

"Don't mind the small things. You sure do like to flamboyantly fuss over small things don't you, Shinazugawa?" Uzui Tengen asked.

"No, I don't." Sanemi glared at the back of Uzui's head.

"We've arrived."

Sanemi jumped when he heard Tomioka Giyu's voice. He didn't realized that he was there all along. Sanemi looked at a small, run-down house in front of them.

"Where are we?" Sanemi asked.

"Himejima-san should take the center. Make sure to block Shinazugawa with your flamboyant, huge body." Uzui said as he pulled Himejima to his side.

"I hope to bring back some good news for Oyakata-sama. Let's hope that we will succeed today, Namu Amida Butsu..." Himejima chanted his prayer as he fiddled with his necklace in his hand.

"This is our mission?" Sanemi asked in confusion. They were standing in front of a run down shack, literally.

"Shh, Shinazugawa. Shut your mouth for a minute or I'll have to do it for you flamboyantly." Uzui reminded, earning a death glare from Sanemi.

"Excuse me!" Giyu suddenly exclaimed and all men shut their mouths.

They waited for someone to open the door, but no one did.

"... Excuse me!" Giyu repeated.

Footsteps were heard from inside before the door opened. Sanemi could see the three men in front of him tensed up. He rolled his eyes at them.

"Good-"

The door was closed as soon as Himejima spoke. Sanemi couldn't even see who came out. He was startled when the door made a loud noise so he tried to peek past Himejima's shoulder, but no one was there.

"Tch. Not again." Uzui huffed.

"I guess Shinazugawa is our last hope." Giyu said as he looked at Sanemi, who has a dumbfounded look on his face.