Chapter 1

The hotel bar was emptier than yesterday. Maybe because it was Christmas Eve. Being in Japan during Christmas season, alone, was really not a good idea because here, Christmas is like a second Valentine's Day; full of lovers everywhere. So Saint decided to just stay inside and drank his loneliness away. Saint shook the glass lightly, as he sighed for the nth time. It was his fifth glass for the night.

The handsome or more precisely beautiful man originally wanted to have a great celebration with his girlfriend, having a romantic escape and maybe if the time is right, propose to her. He was planning to propose on Christmas Eve. It's a fairy-tale like belief in Japan, that if you spend a Christmas Eve with you lover until morning, it is said that your relationship will last forever. So he was prepared to propose to her using that as his cheesy proposing line.

But forever was never his to obtain, at least not with Namtan. Because he caught her cheating on him with another guy just a week ago. And it seemed that she had been cheating on him for almost a year. 

He was devastated. It wounded both his heart and his pride. Yet, he couldn't cancel the arrangement that he had made, so here he was, spending the night alone in foreign land, drinking his broken heart away.

The sight of Namtan kissing the guy passionately came to mind again. It was like a bad movie that kept on replaying at the back of his mind. It made his blood boil remembering it, "Fuck all the women in this world," he cursed loudly in Thai language before gulping all the remaining the whiskey in his glass.

A chuckle was heard nearby followed by a bitter spat of "Fuck all the men in this world too."

The cursing sounded similar because it wasn't in Japanese. It was the same language he just used. 'Wait, men?'

The curiosity and the familiar language made him turned to his right. A young man was sitting two seats away from him. 'Handsome,' Saint thought.

Their gaze exchanged. Maybe he was a little bit homesick or the man gave him a sense of familiarity in this foreign land, but whatever it was it gave him a tiny bliss of comfort. He thought what was the odd for them to be there together, under probably the same frustration, so far away from home?

"Tough day huh?" Saint made the first attempt of conversation.

"Fucking miserable." A sad smile conjured on the man's face.

"Welcome to the club." He retorted.

The other guy chuckled lightly, he raised his eyebrow when their eyes met before he turned to the bartender, "Another glass of whiskey please."

"So, what do you want to drink, handsome?" The other guy turned to Saint, asking him what he wanted.

Saint was a little startled by the flirty line but then he smiled as he answered, "Just make it two."

"Another one for my handsome friend here, please." The other guy ordered as he smoothly changed his seat to the one next to him.

No words exchanged between them. Just a glance once in a while, accompanied by an understanding smile. When it started to get a little awkward, Saint broke the silence. "Alone?"

 It was a stupid question, but he couldn't think of anything smart to start. The answer was obvious but he just wanted to make little chat. Their eyes met again. Somehow those pair of eyes were giving Saint a similar vibe as he could see the same pain reflected in it.

"Yeah." Zee replied as he stared into the pair of beautiful eyes in front of him. He was beautiful. This man caught his eyes the moment he stepped into the bar. A year ago, Zee would've probably be making a move on him without hesitation. Because a year ago he didn't have love nor heartbreak in his dictionary.