Chapter 2

Hermione's POV:
Harry, Ginny, Ron, Neville, Luna, Draco and I all sat together in the dining hall during dinner. Ever since the war was over, Draco had become a much different person, and the changes were for the better. He was one of the group now and they all got along quite good. All six of them were deeply occupied in a debate about whether it would be more useful to penetrate minds or to become an animagus. Harry, Luna, and Draco argued that being an animagus was the way to go, while Ron, Ginny, and Neville fought for mind penetration. "What do you think Hermione?" Harry asked, "Would you rather become an animagus or be able to penetrate someone's mind?"
"Well, I'm not really quite sure. I mean, I would say it's almost 100% got to do with the situation. For example if you needed to find something out, mind penetration would be much more useful, buuut, if you had to go somewhere without being recognized then of course an animagus would be they way to go. So I guess I can't choose between either."
"Alright fair enough." Harry said as he looked back over at Draco and started a conversation about quidditch. My eyes drifted toward the clock. I was waiting for 8:00 to see snape and on one hand I was quite nervous, because detentions with him were known to be long and brutal, but on the other hand, I wanted to find out more about that look he gave me. I mean, what was that about? In all my years of attending hogwarts I had never seen him give someone that look. And although I would never admit it to my friends, I was also a bit eager to see him because for some reason I wanted to be able to look into his eyes and take in all the features of his face that I had never noticed before. I snapped out of my daydreaming when Ron shook my shoulders. "Hellooooo, Earth to Hermione! Bloody hell girl that took about five minutes to get your attention! Are you all right?"
"Oh sorry Ron! Of course I'm all right I was just thinking that's all."
"Um, Hermione" Neville said glancing at the clock, "I hate to ruin your night but I think you have to be in Snapes classroom for detention in 5 minutes."
I looked at the clock. 7:55.
"Oh! You're right! Thank you Neville!"
I grabbed my bag off the table and rushed off to the potions classroom. When I got to the entrance of the classroom I knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. Still no answer. Huh, I thought, maybe I should just come back later. I spun around quickly and banged straight into someone dressed in black from head to toe.
"And where do you think you're going miss granger?" The deep voice questioned as I looked up to find none other than the man I was looking for: Severus Snape.