Flesh.....Zombies.....Oh My(12)

I still did not trust this stranger. Lenny? Yeah, that was his name. He told us how his wife had been caught by the zombies and the only reason he got away was because they were to busy eating his wife. I nodded.

I told him about Steven and Oscar and how they ran with the zombies trailing behind them. He said never to give up hope because that is all we have left.

He seemed wise and very kind. We stayed with him and assembled a group of survivors. How did the zombies get in our house? The thought kept nagging me. What if it was my fault?

I woke up in a sweat and with a hammering head ache. I had the dream again.

In my dream my mom chases me as a little kid and she catches me giving me a kiss on the forehead. I feel so safe and secure in her arms. Slowly, she begins to rot and then becomes a zombie. The eyes that had been staring at me with so much love and affection replaced by the eyes of a hungry, flesh eating monster. I screamed and screamed but no one heard me.

I looked over at the door to the room and crept out. I had been sharing the room with Anita & Dianne. Everyone paired up three people per room. That way we could defend ourselves.

I walked out into the hallway and saw the guys keeping watch. The twins looked like they were falling asleep on their feet so I relieved them and sat down to keep watch.

The doors were barred shut but had been broken because they were glass. It appeared no zombies were around this area which was a relief.

I couldn't wait to go to my farm! I wonder if anyone survived there....

I imagined my horse named Crossbone waiting for me. She was a black mustang and could run like no one could. I remember when my father brought her to me. She was just a small little horse and could barely stand on her own. Let alone run. But, I watched her grow and turn into a strong horse that I would take for long runs in the meadow every time we came down for a visit. 

I found my self singing the itsy-bitsy spider when I saw a spider hanging from the entrance.

The itsy-bitsy spider
Climbed up the water spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out
Out came the sun
And dried up all the rain
And the itsy-bitsy spider
Climbed up the spout again

I heard papers rustle and stood up. I looked down the hall way and saw no one. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

I turned around and crashed into solid flesh. I let out a little yelp and looked up into the grinning face of Robert.

"You sing beautifully you know...," he said pulling me into a hug. I relaxed into his arms and laughed.

"Not even jeezzz," I replied walking out of the hug and resumed my position by the door staring strait ahead. I could not get distracted, but it was impossible when I looked over and saw ROBERT TAKING OFF HIS SHIRT!

"What are you doing?" I asked but my voice cracked and a blush was creeping up.

"Well I thought it was hot so I took off my shirt," he replied smoothly walking towards me.

"Why Miss Allison I believe you are blushing."

I looked away and then turned around and he was just standing there with the biggest grin on his face.

"Keep it in your pants Robert," I warned. He just laughed. "It is in my pants."

I blushed even harder. This could not get any worse.But it did.