The Invitation

"Here." Her mother said, handing over a small, folded parchment with a stamp.

"An invitation? For what?" Lala asked, rather confused with what her mother described earlier. She gently grabbed the invitation from her mother's hand.

"Indeed, this is the first time you have received it. It's an invite for a tea party. Remember, this is very important as a noble girl." Her mother explained.

"I'll read it then." She said then looked at the invitation at her hands.

"Ah, here's the letter opener." Her mother handed over a small like-knife which is not sharp. Lala took the letter opener then tore the invitation open. She read over the writings:

'Dear Lady Lauraleigh Anderston,—'

"W-what? Mother, how come the writer of this letter knows my hidden name?" Lala asked in embarrassment.

"Oh ho, do not fret. It's such a beautiful name, dear. I had bragged about my gorgeous daughter during my visit at a party. They were so much people to boast on. They basically known that name for years already!" The older lady loudly said with her eyes shining, leaving the younger one fell in despair.

"M-mother.. you should've said this to me before. Even Albert knows about this!" Lala pouted.

"Oh? Getting embarrassed from your fiancé? You must really love him don't you?" Her mother asked, grinning.

"N-no! Mother, let's just go back to reading." Lala nervously suggested.

"Indeed." She agreed.

'Dear Lady Lauraleigh Anderston,

I am inviting you to my Tea Party this weekend at 2 PM. We may haven't met and we certainly don't know each other. But I suggest that inviting you may result to form a good relationship between nobles. It'll indeed do something for the future or so. I hope you can come.

— Lady Marinette Relish'

She stopped reading.

"Lauraleigh—"

She was interrupted by Lala's glare because she mentioned her forbidden name.

"Fine... Lala, Tea Party is important. You can build your status there. You could be either well-known or being isolated. Talk to them in order to gain admiration or probably followers. Making a bad mistake might lead you being isolated or being rumoured on." Her mother advised her. It's like she knew what would happened.

"Mother, how am I going to do that?"

"Dear, do not argue or oppose them. Remember that." Her mother said in a soothing voice. "You should host a Tea party too. The invite will serve as experience then."

"I suppose so. I'll do my best then, mother." Lala beamed. "Oh, can I go now? The tea is delightful, mother."

"Yes, you can go now." She permitted.

"Thank you, mother." Lala said before leaving.

As she reached inside, she began to think.

'Since I'm rumoured in the future as a cruel mother, maybe it wouldn't happen if I build up my status!  They'll be convinced that I'm not cruel in person, then I'll host Tea Party a few weeks after the invite.'

To be continued...

(Note: I really appreciate that this book has 5k reads and 200+ votes! Thank you for your support. I know that this book is getting... boring.
The next chap will be added as much fun and excitement as possible :D)