The Visit

*knock knock*

"Come in." Lala said in her most delicate voice, she tried to be polite as possible. The door opened and she sat up on a her bed right away as it revealed her fiancé, Albert.

"How are you, Laura? I heard you had an unfortunate fall." Albert said, worried.

"Oh, Albert. I appreciate that you are worried for me but I'm indeed fine. You don't have to stay a day and a half just for me." Lala said.

"I shouldn't leave my fiancée behind, it would make a bad impression for me as a fiancé." He explained and he made a point.

"Oh. Well then, thank you Albert." She thanked. Albert smiled at her reassuringly as a reply.

"You shouldn't have gone out after we danced. I could've accompanied you if you have told me. You said you were only going to the restroom." Albert started to scold her, it made Lala nervous.

"W-Well, I was l-lost in my mind t-that I for-forgot to tell you.." She stuttered while explaining.

"You have forgotten about me? Why were you lost in your mind?" Albert continued to ask.

"I'm sort of stressed out. About something..." Lala needs to be careful about not to say anything about her reincarnation.

"About what?"

"About something. I'm not saying." She replied.

"Laura, please tell me." Albert pleaded. "I'm your fiancé right?"

"I'm sorry but I can't." Lala explained as she looked upset.

"Is it private?" He asked.

"Yes." Lala stated.

"Well then, I respect that. If you need someone to talk to, try asking me." He said, reassured. Lala nodded as a reply. "I'll be leaving tomorrow morning. Are you okay enough to see me off?"

"Yes. I'll be fine tomorrow. Thank you for visiting me, Albert." Lala thanked and bade him goodbye as he leaved through the door.

The sun finally rosed on the next day. It was time for the Blancs to go back. Nana came to Lala's room and knocked the door.

"Your grace, pardon my intrusion." She said wether Lala was awake or not. She discovered that the little girl was sleeping peacefully but interrupted by her.

"Your grace, wake up now. You need to get ready for the departure of your Fiancé." Nana shook her so she would wake up.

"Hu..uh? Five more minutes please..." Lala mumbled, denying shakes.

"Your grace! Please wake up." Nana continued.

"Stop it, Shota.. I'm sleeping h..ere." She mumbled again. Her words confused the maid.

'S-Shota?' The maid thought but she had an idea. "Um... Your grace, Shota is here!"

Lala's eyes opened wide and words came out: "SHOTA? Where is he?!"

"Ah! Your grace, you're finally awake. You should dress up now." Nana told her, ignoring her questions

"Oh, why?" She asked after realising it was a trick. 'How did she know my past little brother? Is she a mind reader?'
"It's your Fiancé. He's leaving any minute now." Nana explained as she face-palmed.

"Oh no! I need to hurry."

The both of them quickly walked through the hallway, they're not allowed to run since it's bad manners. They saw Albert with his little brother, Andrew, and together with their parents. Lala delicately walked and went in front of them and beside her parents. She did the curtsy and smiled.

"Good morning everyone. I am thankful that you've came to my party two days ago. I also apologise for causing a delay of your departure." Lala greeted them.

"Oh it was nothing, Lala. We stayed here because we were worried about you." Jonathan, the head of the family, told Lala.

"Next time be more careful and try not to ruin your sweet face, dear." Jonathan's wife, Marielle, advised.

"Indeed, Laura, be more careful." Albert added. It made Lala truly smiled.

"Don't die yet, big sister! We need to play again!" Anthony chirped and it made them laugh.

"Oh Jonathan, your carriage is here. Goodbye for now." Frank, Lala's father, said.

The Blancs entered their ride while the Anderstons bade them goodbye. Lala went back inside and her parents followed. She thought of something as she walked back to her room.

'How will I raise my status so my future wouldn't be so devastating? What should I do?' She asked herself.

*knock knock*

Someone had knocked the door.

"Yes, come in." Lala responded.

"Hello your grace, your mother is asking you if you want some tea." It was the butler, Thomas.

"Oh! Tea would be nice. I'll go right away, wait for me." She quickly groomed herself then joined the butler on the way to the garden. She saw her mother sitting under the gazebo with a table full of pastries and teas

"Mother." She said to grab the attention. "I'm here."

"Oh Lala, do you know why I asked to come here?" Her mother asked.

"For some tea, mother?" Lala responded.

"Yes, but no. Oh, sit down." Her mother told her.

"What is it then, mother?" She asked.

"I have something here." Her mother said, making Lala nervous. "This is the first time you will receive it."

"Would you show it to me, mother?" Lala asked, again.

"Here."

To be continued...

(Note: Sorry if y'all have been waiting for my update :<)