X

-

-

In a tavern in Cintra, a man covered in blood and surrounded by a crowd rambled on about a witcher and a selkiemore as a bard took notes and a queen listened, amused by the fuss, from the bar.

"I tell you no lie, it swallowed the whole village, it did. Not a bone to be found! Oh, don't give me that look, shitling. That's why we had to call him... The White Wolf! And he stood in the middle of that frozen lake like he knew it was coming for him. The ice cracked open and a selkiemore shot out! Oh, you've never seen one.. -But it'd take down a ship with its cavernous mouth full of devil's teeth! And it swallowed that witcher whole!" The councilman told, the crowd gasping and whispering completely emerged in his story.

"Oh, this is brilliant!" The bard exclaimed making everyone turn to him, confused by his excited exclaim at the witcher's tragic death. "Oh, sorry. It's just Geralt's usually so stingy with the details. Uh.. and then what happened?" Jaskier asked. Geralt and Myrcella had run into him at some point on their way to Cintra and he'd decided to stick with them since, not wanting to lose the source of his success again. "He died." The councilman said, the crowd sighed sadly.

"Eh.. He's fine." Jaskier shrugged it off making the councilman look at him confused. "Look, I was there. I saw it with my own-" The crowd gasped as the councilman was cut off by the door bursting open and Geralt marching in covered in a layer of grime and dark slime.

"See?" Jaskier laughed as the crowd looked at him amazed.

"Ough. What's that stench?" The councilman said wafting his hand in front of his face appalled. "Selkiemore guts, had to get it from the inside.. I'll take what I'm owed." Geralt said grumpily.

"Toss a coin to your witcher, oh, Valley of Plenty o-oh-oh." Jaskier stood on his chair as he started to sing. The people around him cheered singing along with him. "–Toss a coin to your witcher! A friend of humanity!" Jaskier moved happily to Geralt about to put a hand on the witcher's shoulder before he thought better of it as the stench reached him. "Yikes."

Geralt ignored the bard as he moved to the bar where he sat down beside Myrcella, who quickly handed him a beer. "You're welcome? And now, Witcher, it's time to repay your dept." Jaskier said happily. Geralt took a sip of his beer, but spat it out immediately and gave the bartender a disgusted look making Myrcella chuckle. "–'What debt?' You're probably asking yourself in your head right now. Well, I'll tell you. I've made you famous, Witcher. By rights, I should be claiming ten percent of all your coin, but instead, what I'm asking for is a teeny, teeny-weeny little favour."

Geralt sighed annoyed counting his coin. "Fuck off, bard."

Jaskier ignored Geralt's harsh words and continued. "–For one measly night of service you will gain a cornucopia of earthly delights. The greatest masters of the culinary arts crafting morsels worthy of the gods. Maidens that would make the sun itself blush with a single comely smile. And rivers of the sweetest of drinks from the rarest of-" Caught up by his own ramblings Jaskier hadn't noticed Geralt getting up and pulling Myrcella away with him. "Fuck.."