"Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asks concerned.

"Who cares?" Ron, Harry and I all say as we see Lockhart stand up shakily..

"Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." Lockhart says, as if he planned that. Hermione quickly grabs his wand and gives it back to him.

"Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..." Lockhart says, with a chuckle acting like his ego wasn't bruised.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor." Snape suggests , with a slight passive aggressive shrug.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart says.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy, perhaps." Snape suggests, and then gestures for Draco to get on the stage. 

I put a hand on Harry's arm, "You got this, just don't, kill each other." I tell him, he nods and goes onto the stage. They bow to each other with a glare.

"Scared, Potter?" Draco asks Harry as they stand back up.

"You wish." Harry replies. They turn around and walk the ten paces, the turn and point their wands at the ready.

"Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent -- only to disarm. We don't want any accidents. One, two -- " Lockhart tries to the two, but Draco fires early, a white light hits causing Harry to fall back.

Harry was quick to his feet and fires back. "Rictusempra!" He casts, sending a silver light to hit Draco in his stomach, knock the air out of him.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart tells the two, but is obviously ignored.

"Serpensortia!" Draco yells, a snake with black scales slithers out of his wand, onto the stage.

"Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." Snape offers calmly, stepping forward.

"Allow me!" Lockhart stops him, striding forwards confidently and points his wand at the snake. He says nothing, hitting the snake with a spell causing it to fly in the air. An angry hiss comes from the snake, as the spell does nothing.

The snake slithers around hissing, before going towards Justin, who was standing next to me. Many students around us scream in fear, and back up. I stay where I was next to Justin, my body calm, but my head freaking out. I see Harry slowly walk up to the snake, calmly. The snake opens its mouth, exposing the fangs at Justin, seeming ready to strike.

"Leave him!" Harry demands at the snake, it turns to look at Harry, then looks back to Justin. "LEAVE HIM!" He demands louder, and the snake listens this time.

I blink, once the snake disappears, feeling as if I had come out of a trance. I look around and see that everyone either looked shocked or horrified at Harry. Harry offers his hand out to Justin but he moves away, "What are you playing at?" Justin asks his scared and angrily.

I look around more and see people backing up more so from Harry, Ginny runs out of the room obviously freaked out. I follow after her, knowing the girl  is going to need comfort after seeing her crush talk to a snake.

"Ginny! Ginny wait up!" I call out to her as she races up the stairs.

She stops, and looks at back towards me, terrified. I finally catch up to her, I honestly didn't have an explanation for how Harry can talk to snakes, so I just hug her.  "How is he a parselmouth?" she asks me, still sounding scared.

"I don't know..." I tell her honestly, fear now seeping as I recognize the word. Are Harry and I parselmouths? 

Ginny separates from me as if she's remembered something, "I know, I can ask my magic book." she says.

I look at her confused, "Magic book?" I question, not understanding what she meant.

Ginny looks around, then pulls me with her until we arrived in her empty dorm room in the Gryffindor common room. She looks through her things, still not explaining to me what she was talking about.

She pulls out a black leather book, she looks at me hesitantly , then walks over to me, "This is my magic book. I can ask it questions and it can help me, or just keep me company." she explains, guiding me to her desk. She grabs a quill and opens the book, then begins to write.

'Hello' she writes in it. After a second, the ink fades away before my eyes.

'Hello Ginny'  ink appears in the book out of nowhere in different handwriting.

"Woah" was all I was able to say.

"Here, ask it something." Ginny says, handing my the quill. I dip it in ink, and think of something to ask it.

'Can you predict the future?' I ask the book, curious on how the book works. The ink fades away slowly.

'No I don't Rose, I simply give advice.' the book replies. My eyes widen, how did it know who I was? Ginny I understand, it's her book, but me?

I turn to look at Ginny in surprise, but I suddenly feel lightheaded. "Don't worry dear, you'll be of great use to me" I hear a voice in my head, not like one I've heard before. 

I no longer feel alarmed about the book, I feel a calm sensation come over me. I'm no longer curious about the book. I give Ginny a soft smile, "Thank you for showing me this Ginny." I tell her. 

"Do you promise me, you won't tell anyone?" Ginny asks of me.

I nod, "I promise, no worries." I reassure her.

"Good." the voice says, and I walk away, leaving her and the book.

---------------------------------------------------

Oooo, something's going on!

I'm very happy that I'm getting back into this series! I have big plans and I'm so excited for you to read!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake