Resourceful Rogue

She always seemed to live outside the lines.

She hadn't ever been popular, regardless of if you considered her friends or family. She was the black sheep, never quite fitting inside the mold that others proposed to her. She was not the type to bend too easily to the whims of others, so life passed her by while she stood on the sidelines without any family or friends to call her own.

As lonely as she was, she refused to change who she was fundamentally just to make other people like her more. It would be lying both them and to herself, and she would never stoop to such lows. She longed for companionship, but she was not desperate enough for it to force her huge, bold personality into a compliant cube to be manipulated when others grew bored of her.

So, Miyako found herself turning to other means to bring satisfaction to her hollow existence. To her, that meant late nights sat in front of a computer and tapping away at the speed of sound on a noisy keyboard that echoed through the darkness. It meant finding information that was hidden from the eyes of many through her unorthodox methods. It meant murmuring to herself and memorizing odd statistics that nobody would care to listen to when she gained the ability to say them off by heart.

However, she remained true to herself, and that was what mattered most.

She witnessed a war on the internet of monsters lashing out at one another. She had spent many years as an outsider by that point, but when she stared through that screen at the fast-paced action and the creatures who seemed to have a purpose, something in her clicked. There were voices echoing through the screen, so people had made contact with these beasts.

That was what she wanted.

Maybe she would have better luck with companionship if she was communicating with monsters rather than people. They had to exist out there somewhere, and she was going to find them no matter what got in her way.

Late nights turned into later nights. She pushed her glasses up her nose when they drooped downwards over and over in between rapidly typing out the characters that might lead her out of her lonely downward spiral. If she could find them, maybe she would finally have a place to call home, a group to call family.

More than ever, she lived outside the lines.

She knew how to hack before she even knew what had happened. She continued to hone her skills, typing away frantically as she tried to find some foothold that would lead her to monsters and whimsy. However, each road ultimately led to nothing, and her hope was beginning to dwindle.

After a year of fascination with those mysterious beasts, she seemed to know that she wasn't going to find them, and she moved onto other, greater projects to distract herself from her own loneliness. All she wanted was somebody to talk to, but nobody seemed interested in her. She was always too loud, too smart, too enthusiastic, too demanding, or too stubborn for others to bother with her, but she wanted to change.

However, she did find the monsters she had sought for so long, and instantly, the color seemed to return to her life. There were others in the same boat as her, but they didn't seem to be there out of obligation. Even if they would be forced to interact, they seemed to actually enjoy her company. She even got closer with the young boy who she had been talking to loosely for ages, and she realized that they had a lot more in common than she ever could have guessed.

A small red bird was the one bound to her soul eternally, and she was happy to have him. They were different, radically so, but they still shared a special connection that she wouldn't give up for the world. He was serious and quiet while she was bold and extroverted. They brought out the best in each other despite their differences.

One night, he sat on her bed and watched as she clicked away on the same old computer that had remained faithful to her even after years of chasing phantoms of monsters. He described her with a word that she never expected to hear, but once it reached her ears, everything seemed to fall into place.

Resourceful.

That was what she was. She used the means at her disposal to solve problems at any means necessary. When they were trapped in a house warped by monstrous bugs, she managed to fend them off with some quick thinking and action. The pieces around her seemed to fit into place well, and she could use them in ways most would never even dream of.

Technically, she didn't embody any specific trait. She inherited a pair from some of her superiors in their group of destined children. However, even if she used them frequently, neither one seemed to fully fit her. She was a strange combination stitched together with bold intelligence seen by few.

Resourcefulness was perfect for her. As for her hacking, was that not a show of her Resourcefulness? It had to be. No other members of the group could reach her skill level, not even the other genius who she carved her path after. He was the noble, and she was the rogue.

That night, she remained awake while everyone else in the city slept. The gentle turquoise light from her computer illuminated her face, and the soft buzz echoed in her mind. She was restless, but she didn't mind in the slightest.

Miyako had finally found her place in the world. She had a found family to call her own at long last, and she didn't need to force herself into an unfitting mold to reach them. They accepted her for who she was. They accepted her Resourcefulness.

Maybe living outside the lines wasn't as bad as she had always feared, because if she hadn't gone beyond the boundaries, she would never have found her truth. 

------------------------------------------------------

So, I chose Resourcefulness as Miyako's Crest. I stepped outside the box for that one, but I think it fits with her. I love this one a lot since there was a lot of room for interpretation. The head canon analyses are so fun (see: Mimi). 

Tomorrow will be Iori, and Ken will be the last entry!

-Digital