chapter twenty-seven

on the second day of the internship, hawks took [name] through the everyday life of being a hero. it was mostly training, patrolling, and a few meetings with other heroes. [name] was used to it. she'd often be brought to the hero office by her mother or father when she was young.

[name] liked the training the most. hawks taught her some techniques on how to increase her speed and stamina, as well as some additional sparring techniques she made sure to keep in mind for the next time she would train with dabi. he'd been awfully quiet compared to normal lately.

other than the training, what [name] really enjoyed was hawks talking about how her brother was when he was in training. it was hilarious. the silly stories about them goofing around together, and some about kousuke being an annoying hardass. it wasn't hard to imagine.

on the second day, also, was when [name] found the time to open the envelope aizawa gave her the day before. it was her provisional hero license, which would've been perfect timing had she remembered to open it yesterday.

on the third day, which was today, hawks was tasked with inspections in hosu city. several minor attacks had apparently went on and additional people were needed to make the citizens feel safer. [name], being under hawks' care, of course had to come with.

hawks was shifting in his seat. it was a bit amusing to watch as he struggled to find a comfortable position to sit.

"i take it you don't always take the train," [name] snickers.

"egh, no," the hero in front of her says, attempting a side view position. "i'm more of a flying person," he adds.

"you should've just went first. i still would've arrived," [name] says.

"no, nononono," he immediately responds. "as much as how more convenient that would be for me, i'm not letting you out of my sight. if something happens to you during this internship, your brother would kill me.

"kousuke's an arrogant prick but he's earned the right to be an arrogant prick. you should've seen how he tore down some asshat who talked shit about our mentor when we were trainees," he finishes.

"mm, i've heard similar stories," [name] comments. "but i never really see that side of him."

"yeah. the people you trust the most can be an entirely different person behind your back."

...

hosu, huh? ingenium was attacked by a vigilante here. maybe iida-kun is in the area also. i hope he doesn't try anything.

[name] and hawks had already spent hours patrolling the city. thankfully they hadn't run into any trouble yet. it was nearly six in the evening, and soon the sun would set.

"yo, you wanna grab some dinner then head back?" hawks says after checking the time.

"sounds good," [name] responds. "where are we going to eat?"

"mm, i was thinking kfc. i could really use some chicken."

after locating a restaurant, hawks excitedly orders a fried chicken meal, which [name] found to be quite ironic since, well, he's a bird. nevertheless, they ordered their meals and got a table. but right before either of then could start eating, a loud crash is heard outside.

hawks drops the chicken and rolls his eyes. "what great timing," he says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. he runs to the front of the store with their tray of food, quickly dropping it at the counter. "hi, could you wrap this up for us? we'll come back for it later, thanks!" he says, before rushing to the outside.