chapter 2

over them
_____________________________
~amelies pov~
as everyone rushes off since most of them have maths, history or science next and those teachers aren't the nicest, i ask charli "so, what do you have next?" she looks up at me and we start leaving the lunch room. "english" she replied. "same!" i said a little too excited since i never have friends in that class. "let's see how this one goes" she says nervously. "hey, it's ok... i'm here now" i say grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze. she smiles a little but that all disappeared when she saw nessa. "don't worry about her just come here and we will get the teacher to switch seats so u can be with me" i said a lot more calm than i actually am. this teacher like never changes seats. oh no. jeez, this isn't good at all. i still try stay strong for charli and lead her over to him. "sir" i say barely loud enough for him to hear. "amelie" he says in a serious tone. "is there any possibility that charli could move seats... it's just she's new and i'm her only friend in this class..". he gave us a sympathetic look but still disagreed. "please sir" charli stepped in. after about 10 minutes of this he finally agreed. charli held out her hand for a high-five so of course i returned it. we walked over to our seats and sat down. from across the classroom nessa was giving us glares while mouthing to me "you might of took this one but it isn't over" i took in a breath trying to figure out if i regret this or not when i got called on by the teacher. "amelie how about you answer this one" he gave me a grin knowing i wasn't paying attention. "could you please go back over the question sir?" i ask scared of the answer. "teenagers these days just never listen do they" he said with attitude. "they do just not to you" charli whispered making me laugh. "is they're something you two want to share with us?" i can tell he is mad by his tone of voice. "no, that's why whispered it sir" charli said looking actually quite confident. "who exactly do you think your talking to?" he said getting angrier. "sorry sir, this is how we spoke in our last school. they said you should always have a voice and everyone has opinions so if the teacher can share theirs so can you" i saw the hopeful smile on her face even though i think everyone knows how this is gonna turn out. "that's ridiculous! principals office now, both of you!" she said staring at us. we just got up and walked out not wanting to make it worse.
"great, principal on my first day" charli said sarcastically. to our surprise when we walked into the waiting area we saw avani and chase. they both looked up at us confused. "she wasn't paying attention so then i whispered something about him and he asked be to share but apparently i back chatted him so now we're here." charli rolled her eyes multiple times while talking. chase and avani let out a laugh and we just rolled our eyes and took seats next to them. "what are you two doing here?" i question. "apparently we were being to aggressive while playing dodge ball" avani said annoyed. i couldn't help it. i burst into laughter and so did charli. "shut up losers" chase said giving us a small glare. " we're sorry it's just how aggressive can you even be in dodge ball" charli said with a slight questioning voice at the end. "i knocked someone into a window and it shattered and they fell, and he knocked someone out when he hit them on the head with it." avani replied. our eyes went wide and we both had shock on out face. "wait for real?" i asked. "yeah, even look, that's them over there" he pointed across the hall. "wait i second i say trying to get a better look at them. "that's daisy and my sister" charli whisper yells. "oh jeez, if they see you with us right after you two done that were-" i started but someone cut me off by saying "dead?". i looked up to see them both standing there. we all stand up so they don't look as intimidating. i see the panic and fear fill charlis face so i grab her hand a give it a squeeze. "looks like someone found a new squad" daisy commented looking down at charli. charli and avani are kinda a bit shorter than them. "so why'd u ditch us, huh?" dixie asked with an intimidating tone. "she wanted to be friends with people who actually care about her" avani snapped back. i'm honestly confused how her and chase still look angry which i'm guessing is why they are staring at me and charli, the fear in our face is obvious. "why don't u let her talk for herself" daisy said walking up and getting in charlis face. " think about it hun. you could come back with us and be happy or i can make your life a living hell and you can stay with those idiots" dixie glared at every single one of us. "i would rather be here with the people i care about and who care about me" charli said shaking but trying to hide it. instead of them coming up with some amazing rude line they just slapped charli, right across her cheek. "that's what you get bitch!" dixie shouted in her face. charli uncovered her face and it was bleeding and bright red. it was probably their claw nails. tears streamed down her face. all i can think to do is hug her so that's what i'm doing. still watching avani and chase tho cause i know something is about to happen and they aren't getting hurt aswell. "you fucking bitch!" avani yelled straight in dixies face. "if you two or anyone else in your little squad ever fucking touch her again, your all dead!" chase screamed very aggressively. they rolled their eyes and walked off down the hall. "bebe let me see your face" avani said to charli. she pulled away from the hug and showed them. "we have to go to the nurses office" i said worried. "we're not going to the nurse, those birches are in there. we will go to my house" avani said in return. charli gave a smile. "also your driving loser" avani said trying to annoy chase. "why always me" he was definitely annoyed. "cause we don't wanna drive" i say to help avani. charli lets out a small giggle. "ugh come on then you three. let's go" he said irritated. me and ava high five and we all walk out to chases car. "i call shotgun!" avani added "well then i call aux!" i said before chase could cause i can't stand another trip listening to rap and his other kinds of music. "ugh, yall are the worst" he wined. "we try" av said while we all giggled.

———————————————————
'Cause I was 18
And I still live with my parents
Yeah they weren't like yours
Well yours were more understanding
I've never fell in love
I've saved those feelings for you
We did all the stupid shit that young kids do

|song of the chapter- 8TEEN
by khalid|

———————————————————————
ahhh, i lowkey love this but yeah.
chase, avani, charli and amelie are
the main friends but ofc their still
gonna hang with the others sometimes. have a good quarantine, bye bye. 🥺🤍