Of Portmanteaus and Irritation

Thalia's Point of View

"I'll see you later, Thalia, I have to go talk to Percy," Annabeth calls out, walking away.

"Of course you are," I mutter under my breath, so that she can't hear. As soon as her curly blond ringlets are out of sight, I keep walking, twirling Aegis around my wrist. When I spot the Stoll Brothers and another of their siblings sitting on a bench and writing something down, I head over to them. Because Hermes children can never just sit and write. They have to be pranking I get closer, I can hear them talking about something.

"What about Tharcy?" Connor asks.

"I think that Percia is better," Travis responds.

"No way, Thercia is definitely the best," their sibling replies.

"Uhh...what are you guys talking about?" I ask, heading over to both of them.

"Nothing," Connor replies, hastily shoving the notebook under his butt. "So, Thalia, have you met our brother? His name is Jason."

"Nice to meet you, Thalia," says Jason, flicking a strand of shaggy, dirty blond hair out of his bright green eyes as he smirks and stretches out his hand.

"A joy buzzer? That's stooping low," I say, as I zap the small metal device on Jason's hand with a spurt of electricity.

"Okay, okay, you got me," Jason says, holding up his hands in surrender.

"What are you doing?" I demand.

"Thalia! Nothing! Can't we ever just write in peace?" Travis asks sounding sarcastically insulted.

"Uhm, you never have before," I point out.

"Thalia, just shoo. We're doing something for Silena," Jason says, rolling his eyes, a mischievous smile spreading across his lips.

"I'm sure," I say, and pretend to leave, but really hide behind a bush a few feet away.

"Okay, guys, focus," Connor commands the others. "We have to find the best name squash for Thalia and Percy or Silena's gonna kill us!" I almost choke. WHAT? A NAME SQUASH? They're acting like we're a couple!

"Erm...Thalcy?" Jason suggests.

"No, no, Thacy sounds much better," Travis says, shaking his head.

"How about Palia?" Connor asks.

"Gods, no," Jason blanches.

"GUYS! Why the HADES are you making up NAME SQUASHES for Percy and I?" I yell, coming back into the open.

"Umm...'cause Silena told us too? And you don't mess with Silena when she's obsessed with two people getting together?" Jason answers sheepishly.

"Hey guys!" Silena chirps, walking up to us, her hair fanning out in the small breeze.

"SILENA!" I yell. "WHAT THE HAD-"

"I've got it!" exclaims Jason. "Thercy! That's a good one, right?"

"Oh, didn't I tell you?" asks Silena. "The official name squash for Percy and Thalia is Perlia."