Chapter 8: Unpleasent Meeting

Alice POV.

The following week went by smoothly. Everything was normal. Even my uncles search teams haven't come to find me at school. But just as a precaution, I have Kotori teleport me from my room to school and back.

Saturday though Shido and Tohka wanted to go shopping. I decided to go with them. Luna came also, but not as a cat. She turned into a hamster and sat in my coat pocket.

"Remember Alice. I will never leave your side." She squeaked. I rubbed her small ears.

We left and walked to the shopping district. I decided to wait outside the store. Enjoy the fresh air for once. I inhaled deeply. I sat on a bench and closed my eyes. Why didn't I come outside more often? I opened my eyes and looked around. Far off to my left were men from my uncle's lab. I got up and walked the opposite direction. That's why I never leave.

I turn down an alley and sit behind a dumpster. I sat there quietly, peeking around the corner of the dumpster, watching for the men to pass. Once they pass I relax.

"Hey Alice." a monotone voice calls to me. I tense up and look up to see Origami staring down at me.

"Yea?" I asked nervously. She stared at me for a few minutes. What is she doing? Oh god I'm alone in an alley with someone who can kill me.

"What are you...you seemed to have changed since your long period of absence." she said. I started to shake. Fear took control of me.

"S-Sorry but I h-have to f-find Shido." I stuttered as I stood. She pushed me back down and I stared wide-eyed at her. "What do you want from me!"

She glared at me. I tried to get back up, but she held me down.

"Let me go! I need to get back!" I yelled at her. She pulled a knife from her pocket and I stared at it.

"No you don't spirit! Don't think I didn't see you after school the day you came back. The trees branches bent toward you, only a spirit could do that!" She yelled back.

"No you don't understand. That wasn't my doing." I lied.

"That's a lie. The only other people there were Shido and Tohka!" She yelled in my face. I looked up and saw hatred in her blue eyes.

"But this whole thing isn't my fault. Its another spirits fault. Please let me go...I have to find Kurumi." I said, sadness in my voice.

"Nightmare? Why do you want to find her?" she asked, monotone voice back.

"She killed my parents." I said. She stared at me. She raised the knife to my throat.

Just before she pushed the knife into my neck, someone grabbed her from behind. At first I was relieved, but when I saw the group of men I shook with fear.

"No..." I whispered. It was a group from my uncle's lab. They must have heard my yelling and remembered my voice. Crap! Another man came toward me with a needle in his hand. My eyes grew wide.

"NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!!" I screamed at him. He grabbed my arm and I tried to Slip through his grip, but failed. He jammed the needle into my arm and I felt very sleepy. I fell to the ground, sleep taking over.

Luna POV.

I turned into a tiny insect. I quickly flew out if Alice's pocket as one of the men picked her up. A car pulled into the alley and the got in, taking my master away.

"NO!!!! Alice!" I flew at the car, but it sped away. I then flew around the corner and into the store. I notice the girl who Alice called Origami sitting on the ground panting for air. But I didn't want to bother with someone who just tried to kill my master.

In he store, I quickly found Shido and Tohka. I hovered over the basket of food then turned into a hamster again. I reached out to them using my ability of telepathy.

"Shido! Tohka! Alice has been kidnapped!" I yelled. Thy both flinched then looked at me.

"What?! By who?" Shido asked, shocked from the news.

"Probably her uncle's men." I said.

Origami POV.

I sat in the alley still tying to even out my breath. Who were those men? Why did they take Alice? I stood and walked back toward the street. I walked into the market and saw Shido rushing toward me.

"S-Shido..." I said as he stopped in front of me.

"Origami? What's wrong?" He asked. I looked at him.

"Men came and took Alice. I have no idea who they were." I said.

Shido POV.

"I know Origami. Those men were from a research lab. And I need to go save Alice!" I told her. "Wait, how did you know she was taken?"

"I was talking to her in the alley beside the store. It looked like she was hiding." She replied.

"Ok well bye." I said then Tohka and I ran out of the store and into the alley.

"Kotori, we need a teleport." I spoke into the ear piece. We were teleported to the Fraxinus and Kotori met us.

"What's going on and where is Alice?" she asked.

"Her uncle's men got her! We need to get her back!" I told her. Luna crawled out if my pocket and turned into her cat form.

"What!? Alright." she said then left the room. We followed her to he command room. "Ok people, we need to move out of the city for a while. We are going to a DEM lab two hours away. Get moving." She ordered the crew. They scattered and began to set coordinates and other things.

"Hang in there Alice!"

Ricki POV.

I noticed all the cars coming back today. Did daddy call the search off? I watched every car as people got out. From the last car, one of the men had Alice hanging over his shoulder.

"Alice! How did they find you!" I said slightly loudly. I ran to the entrance of the lab. They took her down to her old room. I stared at the door. I wanted to go down, but if daddy found out that I helped her...I don't even know what he'd do.

I walked out the front door. Yet I felt an odd sensation of floating. I looked up toward the sky, but saw nothing. Then everything went black. Once my vision was back, I saw the familiar teleport pad under me. I looked up and saw a girl with two pink ponytails. Shido was beside her.

"Come Ricki, we need you." Shido said. I followed him, knowing this had to do with Alice. They led me to the command room. It was full of people.

"Ok Ricki, Alice was captured today. We need to find a way to get to her. You know the lab well so that's why we picked you up." Kotori said. I nodded.

"We need to plan out a rescue. My dad has increase security since Alice escaped." I told them.

"Alright, we got the layout of the compound. Do you know where Alice is being held?"Shido asked.

"Shido! We want to help." Tohka said.

"Yea, Yoshinon and I want to help too." Yoshino said.

"Alright, let's plan things out." Kotori said.

Alice POV.

I could feel the cold metal on my back. Leather straps around my wrist legs, stomach and neck. A leather muzzle over my mouth. I opened my eyes and was blinded by the florescent lights above me. My eyes shot open and looked around that familiar room.

No! I can't be back here! I need to get away. I struggled against the restraints. I stopped when I heard the door click.

"Hello Alice, now that your back, let's begin." My uncle said. Many men came in carrying forty or more needles each. My eyes grew wide when they walked over to me, surrounding me. They jabbed the needles into my arms and legs. I screamed as loud as I could, even though it was muffled. Tears filled my eyes and ran down my cheeks, making me shiver. Pain shot through my body. I felt trickles of blood come from the fresh needle holes. More men came in after one left. It seemed like the injections were endless. Someone, kill me now!