5- They're here

"All I'm saying is-," Alpha Zane started but couldn't complete his statement as Jabari cut him off. "I know what you're saying Zane," he said his name in a mocking manner.

"You don't think I'm capable of bringing this city to victory? You try being the Alpha of the largest pack and let's see what occurs from there. You four all come running to me for answers as though I'm a veteran. I'm younger than each and every one of you yet I do my job better. So unless you all have a better fucking plan, this is the one we're going with." Jabari slammed his palm on his desk causing the room to go quiet as his jaw clenched and his blue eyes became darker with anger.

Jack rolled his eyes but stood firm to the side of his lover and folded his arms. "Jabari," he started and the dark skinned man stared at the shorter, white male. "All Zane is trying to say is, the plan can work but we will need reinforcements. It is not hard for us to partner with the elven community." He said calmly and Jabari twitched as his anger died down. He knew not of the elven community, all he knew was that they were conniving, sneaky, selfish creatures. They helped no one unless it was for their own personal gain. So of course he turned down the idea.

"All in favor of recruiting the elven community?" The blue eyed Alpha asked.

Everyone except for Alpha Harry and Jabari rose their hands. The room all turned to Alpha Harry confused as to why he resented the idea.

"Elves are sneaky creatures and they only speak in riddles that no one understands. I deny the partnership." Alpha Harry said and folded his arms. Jabari nod his head in agreement and they all shook their heads in disappointment.

"Okay here's what. We go along with this initial plan and if things are not falling into place, we recruit the elves. Yeah?" He adjusted his prior argument so that they can see the situation better.

"Sounds good," they all agreed and he smiled as they continued with the meeting.

Anthony smiled at how calm the meeting ended and walked out of his Alpha's office to go meet his best friend. Miranda stood in the training grounds, sweat dripping down her chest as she stood dressed in a grey Nike sports bra and short Nike sweats to match. Her blonde hair was pulled in a ponytail and her small feet was adorned with a black nike running shoes.

"You look good all sweaty," Anthony laughed and the blonde couldn't help but smile at her best friend's antics. After all, she was accustomed to his taunts. They have been friends since diapers and they have been attached at the hips ever since. They were so in sync with each other, they were almost sure that they would've been each other's mate . The moon spirits obviously had a different idea seeing that Anthony was mated to T'layah.

"I heard about what happened yesterday," Miranda started as she continued her onslaught of punches to the bag in front of her.

Anthony sighed and began wrapping his hands with cotton wrap. "I was honestly terrified Mane. I heard Ghost's growls from a distance and I wondered what in the world was going on because I could've sworn that nigga was in the office. When I went up there he wasn't there so I just followed his scent. When I found him, Ghost was surrounded by almost ten vampires. He was bloody and he looked tired. I don't know what that fool was thinking!"

"He was trying to protect us so of course he wasn't thinking," Miranda states as she stopped her punches and stared at her best friend. He really looked saddened by his Alpha's actions.

"Look at it this way love," she said and he turned to her with a small frown. "If you were an Alpha and I was your beta, wouldn't you give yourself up if I was in danger and you could prevent it?"

"You know I will," he said quickly and then glared at her as realization hit him. Grabbing a hair wrapper, he threw his long curly hair in a top bun and the two began sparring.

"I'm so glad that I have you as a best friend," he laughed and she smirked in response. The two continuing their sparring as they prepared for the upcoming war.

Jabari walked through the training grounds with a small smile as he saw all of his pack members training. Howard stepped towards him and Jabari smiled deeply before giving him a firm hand shake. "Glad to see you back out on your feet," Jabari said. Howard smiles down at him and gave him a firm nod.

"Of course. The rest was well deserved. Now tell me, what's all of this fuss I hear about the elves?" Howard asked and the Alpha sighed.

"The other Alpha's believe that the elven community will be able to help us. I of course denied that claim because we all know about the stories of those creatures."

"You are right but you are also wrong. In life, comes faith and trust. Without those two we are nothing but empty shells. We must have faith that the more allies will assist us and we must have faith that it will all work out in the end." Howard smiled, his voice trembling a few octaves.

Howard was a wise man. Some say it's his third eye but others believe that he is just that brilliant. Jabari gave a firm nod and walked away to find his Beta.

As his eyes laid upon Anthony and Miranda, he walked across to them and proceeded to wrap his hands in cotton.

Standing in position, the two watched their alpha before rushing towards him as their sparring commenced.

Miranda wasted no time in delivering a quick jab to his sides but he was faster as he blocked her attack and used the same force to push her lightly back. Anthony attacked in full force and he smiled as it has been a while since the two fought. Knuckles to knuckles, feet to feet. The trio fought relentlessly and they did not hold back. This is the type of practice which was needed. They needed to unleash their anger and let it drive them to be better, to do better.

At the end the trio laid on the ground as their breathing was harsh and quick. They were out of breath but that could not last as the alarm sounded and the border wolves came running towards the house in full wolf form.

"Alpha Cullane," one yelled as he rushed to Jabari.

"The vampires. They're here."